Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have those 'fold up' shoes?

(27 Posts)
Wilburissomepig Sun 24-Sep-17 15:13:18

The ones that are supposed to be great for coming home from a nights out? I've got an event to go to in a month or two, dress and shoes all sorted, but I've a feeling getting home is going to be a bit of an ordeal and not sure I can walk for a couple of miles in my shoes.

Saw some 'Tipsy feet' ones on line and wondered if anyone had tried them or any other brands?

AnneLovesGilbert Sun 24-Sep-17 15:17:43

A friend had some of those from John Lewis that were very pretty and came in a little draw string bag. Was a few years ago but they might still have some.

TheFifthKey Sun 24-Sep-17 15:18:36

I just take out my very flat thin ballet pumps from primark. £3 and you can't do much damage by folding them, but they fit in small bags anyway.

Wilburissomepig Sun 24-Sep-17 15:19:11

I'm not even too bothered what they look like as long as they're not completely hideous, I just can't bear the thought of bleeding feet on the way home! grin

AgentProvocateur Sun 24-Sep-17 15:37:02

I just put flip flops or ballerina shoes in my bag (depending on the season) if I'm going to have to walk any distance.

Wilburissomepig Sun 24-Sep-17 15:38:21

I'll only have an evening bag with me so I need something pretty small.

CakeNinja Sun 24-Sep-17 19:17:34

No idea but then what do you do with the shoes you were wearing?! Knowing me, after a few drinks, I wouldn't want to carry them aswell as a bag, and would end up throwing them in a bin - even if they were some of my favourites grin

LoadsaBlusher Mon 25-Sep-17 00:11:23

Butterfly twists are good
I've bought them for friends as gifts before
I got them on eBay
They fold up into a little pouch

Ginkypig Mon 25-Sep-17 00:58:15

Iv had butterfly twists and they worked really well.

ElfrideSwancourt Mon 25-Sep-17 05:47:23

I got my daughter some on Amazon for coming home from uni formal dos

porkandcheese Mon 25-Sep-17 06:22:22

Yep I think mine are butterfly twists. Do the job but beware soles are v thin so a bit hurty if walking over gravel and cobbles.

imjessie Mon 25-Sep-17 06:52:46

Yes , get them from eBay for about £5 in loads of different colours though . They are fab and exactly the same as the branded ones !

Softpebbles Tue 26-Sep-17 14:20:03

Afterheels are great - come in a tin and have a bag to put your heels in - once used you can fold them up again and save for the next night out, only about £10 but reusable.

Softpebbles Tue 26-Sep-17 14:21:27

Afterheels are great - come in a tin and have a bag to put your heels in - once used you can fold them up again and save for the next night out, only about £10 but reusable.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 26-Sep-17 14:22:56

I’ve got the Butterfly ones too. Beautiful, but the soles are SO thin.

Redcrayons Tue 26-Sep-17 14:26:38

I had those butterfly ones, but I lost them on a night out they aren't hugely comfortable tbh, but feel like slippers compared to high heels!
For a couple of miles, I'd get a taxi.

Softpebbles Tue 26-Sep-17 16:05:57

The afterheels had an inner sole too so weren't to thin for a fold up shoe fold up shoe. Have a look on Amazon for them. I am adding them to my stocking fillers list for people that I know would use them!

TheBitterBoy Tue 26-Sep-17 18:52:52

I have just bought some of these from Next - they are super comfy with a slightly padded memory foam inner. Mine are navy with a white trim but I cant find them online.

TheScottishPlay Tue 26-Sep-17 19:24:50

Yes, I live down a farm road and leave them in a bag in the hedge to put on walking down it after a night out. Mine are from a local independent shoe shop.

scaryclown Tue 26-Sep-17 19:28:16

There's a bag company that sells a specific backpack for heels.. A separate pouch for each shoe shaped to handle very high heels, and a separate compartment for walking home shoes..

scaryclown Tue 26-Sep-17 19:30:07

www.shusac.com/pages/about-shusac-shoe-bag/

Here..

DangerMouse17 Tue 26-Sep-17 19:37:20

I use butterfly twists....there are some with memory foam in them and so comfy!

Alabasterangel6 Tue 26-Sep-17 19:38:47

You can get them in home bargains for £2. I've got a pair and they are very very good!! Plain black ballet pumps.

Branleuse Tue 26-Sep-17 19:41:06

ive got some butterfly twists and theyre the only ballet pumps that actually stay on my feet. They are quite comfy too

CantChoose Tue 26-Sep-17 19:47:13

I've got butterfly twists and find them really comfy, mine aren't thin soled at all so maybe the different designs vary a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now