Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wrinkles above the lip - moisturiser recommendation?

(12 Posts)
Petalflowers Sat 23-Sep-17 20:25:05

I seem to be getting wrinkles above my lips. I'm not bothered by wrinkles on my forehead or by my eyes, but above my lips make me look haggard.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced mortise riser, or remedy to reduce them?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 24-Sep-17 09:32:52

Bump

hollyisalovelyname Tue 26-Sep-17 07:33:14

Bump.
I'm amazed no wise Mumsnetter has come up with a suggestion.
Though I know in the past Retinol or fillers have been mentioned as the only viable solution

PollyPerky Tue 26-Sep-17 07:57:14

Fillers.

No cream can remove wrinkles.

You might get some improvement by using something with hyaluronic acid. Look at the Ordinary range or something with retinol.

jeaux90 Tue 26-Sep-17 08:32:32

I have the same. Hyaluric acid has made a difference definitely . I bought the one from Medic 8. I'll probably go for fillers longer term though.

MiniCooperLover Tue 26-Sep-17 10:06:51

I've found a big slather of Blistex before bed has helped. No smoking too

senua Tue 26-Sep-17 15:29:16

I use Olay deep wrinkle treatment. It pretty much does what it says on the tin.

Cookies77 Tue 26-Sep-17 15:46:18

Not sure about instant fixes but, as a long term thing, I remember once being told by a beautician to use eye cream on my top lip as its stronger?

OCSockOrphanage Tue 26-Sep-17 16:32:03

Merumaya Lip Potion seems to have made a bit of a difference.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 26-Sep-17 18:41:45

Thanks all.

joangray38 Tue 26-Sep-17 18:44:17

I use an eye cream

ChickenVindaloo2 Tue 26-Sep-17 18:46:48

Do you smoke? Quit. (Or if you do anything like drinking from straws which causes the lips to purse like that)

Moisturiser might plump the wrinkles up. But only prescription Retin-A will actually reduce them. Retinol is much weaker.

Remember to put sunscreen on this area. It's one area I forget as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: