Talk

Advanced search

Smart outfit needed, I have chosen these items what do you think?

(7 Posts)
Dizzy2014 Sat 23-Sep-17 18:29:33

I am going to a graduation as a guest and have after much trawling, ordering, returning items come up with this outfit
www.damselinadress.co.uk/dresses_1/feather_print_dress_navy_multi.htm
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/phase-eight-tabatha-trench-coat/d827379.pd#267588192
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/phase-eight-salma-structured-knit-jacket/d547096.pd#212451900,q=navy-salma
www.zalando.co.uk/san-marina-artaba-classic-heels-sab11b009-k11.html

So what do you think? My current winter coat is too short and has a zip and didn't look right with the dress. It is in October and we will have to walk around the town so need to have a coat reather than jacket. Thank you

PinkTiger Sat 23-Sep-17 18:40:03

The dress is lovely but won't you be a bit cold if it's October? But subject to that it is perfect. Shoes go with it.

I'm not sure about the jacket but then I really hate cropped jackets with a passion and think they only look good on someone who is totally flat chested in a model skinny way. I'd look for a longer line formal jacket/blazer - like a suit jacket.

Coat is great. I wouldn't have put green with navy myself but think that will work well.

Dizzy2014 Sat 23-Sep-17 19:30:01

Thank you, I seem to have spent too much time trying on clothes, ordering/returning items. I chose the knitted jacket as it doesn't take up much space under a coat, a jacket by it self wouldn't be warm enough & it's diffcult fitting a jacket under a coat, so it's a compromise. Everyone keeps aying as it's October it could be lovely (won't need the coat!) or puring down or cold The dress is one of the few items I have tried on that fits me and I lke! Really poor selection of clothing around at the moment. x

Kochicoo Sun 24-Sep-17 10:54:34

I think this is a perfect graduation guest outfit. You'll quite possibly spend a fair bit of time standing around wearing your coat so it looks very nice.

NC4now Sun 24-Sep-17 11:11:56

I love it. I think it's perfect for the occasion, and also (in my frugal mind) I think you'll wear those things again, with different outfits.

BubblesBuddy Sun 24-Sep-17 11:40:57

I like the coat. It doesn't go with the dress so it's not an outfit as such. I would go for a long sleeve dress with green and burgundy (autumnal) colours to go with the coat. Fiddly little jackets are a bit naff and dated in my view. Take a scarf if it turns chilly.

SinglePringle Sun 24-Sep-17 11:51:34

It's all good except for the cropped cardigan / jacket. It's really dated and they always shriek (to me) 'I don't have real confidence in my dress'. I dislike them immensely. The rest is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now