Talk

Advanced search

Would you wear these sandals?

(25 Posts)
Laladog Sat 23-Sep-17 09:12:25

I remember last year when everyone was wearing these. I absolutely hated them but I have to admit they are comfortable AF. Would you wear these outside? In terms of their style not comfort x

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 23-Sep-17 09:16:02

No they look like the sandals men wear at the side of the pool,hideous grin

RickOShay Sat 23-Sep-17 09:16:28

No, but I self conscious about my feet, I am a size 7, I never ever wear any shoes that a man could also wear, I try to always wear dainty shoes to minimise their size. The only exception to this is converse.
But if you like them then wear and enjoy, it really really doesn't matter about other peoplegrin

Paintbox Sat 23-Sep-17 09:17:03

Yep I think they look fine

DeathMetalMum Sat 23-Sep-17 09:19:32

It seems 'in' to wear fluffy ones here. Looks like everyone decided to wear slippers for the school run.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 23-Sep-17 09:20:48

Yes,fluffy slippers,really odd.

Rick size 7 isn't big!

Laladog Sat 23-Sep-17 09:22:08

No I don't like them lol! I think they're really ugly. I do have a pair that I keep for around the house and to walk the dogs. RickOShay Nothing unusual about the size of your feet! That's a very common size. I suppose everyone has their insecurities though don't they ☹.

Bluntness100 Sat 23-Sep-17 09:22:10

God no they are awful and will be remembered the same as other fashion fails like ra ra skirts, but doubt they will be as popular.

Paintbox Sat 23-Sep-17 09:23:31

Oh they are fluffy! I didn't see that. Well that certainly puts them into slippers at a spa territory

CarlHickbread Sat 23-Sep-17 09:27:26

I saw a couple of girls wearing these the other day, dressed lovely, hair and make up done to perfection but these just looked bizarre!

Hellywelly10 Sat 23-Sep-17 09:29:45

Go with your first instinct..

silkpyjamasallday Sat 23-Sep-17 09:32:07

I wear them all the time OP, I have adidas ones with a soft foam base, and I have two pairs of fur ones. I love them and wear them both with and without socks, but because they are plastic they do rub if its hot. They are very marmite though (I also have uggs and birkenstocks), and I'm 22 and look like a teen so I am more the target market I suppose. But on Instagram catwalkschoolgates wears them and pulls them off and is a bit older.

Laladog Sat 23-Sep-17 09:34:25

Ooh uggs I still wear mine inside as slippers! x

RickOShay Sat 23-Sep-17 09:38:20

Thank you Dame and Lala, of course it was my mum who used to say my feet were like boats, so yes, one complex right there. I have a fairly masculine figure no hips broad shoulders and i am 5'8, so have always felt unfeminine. Getting better now thoughsmile
But definitely wear them if you like them! I probably should as therapygrin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 23-Sep-17 09:39:54

At 5ft8 your feet will be completely in proportion ,what the hell was your mum on about? hmmgrin

PaperdollCartoon Sat 23-Sep-17 09:43:24

No they're awful, look like pool sandals for men (I think DP has some like this?!) I keep seeing teenagers wearing these, it's not a good look. A no for anyone over 22 I think.

Laladog Sat 23-Sep-17 09:44:02

I agree they sound very proportional. I'm 5 foot 6 ish I think and I have size 4 feet. The average for a UK woman is a size 6, so your mum's talking a whole load of hooey! Size 7 is very feminine, as are you x

PandorasXbox Sat 23-Sep-17 09:44:53

I might do. If I was doing the school run or nipping to the shop. I wouldn't go out anywhere else in them though.
Tbh I'd probably have them on all the time in the house.

RickOShay Sat 23-Sep-17 09:49:20

Thank you, I know, she was not a happy person.

Laladog Sat 23-Sep-17 09:49:39

I feel odd if I'm not wearing something on my feet in the house, except in bed of course lol. They are very comfortable and for when it's cold I've always got my hugs that I've converted into slippers! x

27Harper Sat 23-Sep-17 10:41:35

They're not my cup of tea. They're something my hubby would wear next to the pool. Even Gigi can't make them look good!

That being said they do look awfully comfy...xx

Laladog Sat 23-Sep-17 12:15:54

They are! They're kinda ugly imo but they are comfy AF x

Silverstreaks Mon 25-Sep-17 08:13:48

I see teens slopping around with their feet hanging out the back or over the front.
Not a good look but must be comfortable.

wanderings Mon 25-Sep-17 08:21:10

Where I live there are often armies of teens wearing them, always with socks. They even wear them when they're hanging around looking tough, or doing wheelies on their bikes or mopeds. I keep waiting to see one being lost, Cinderella-style. Certainly not my thing, give me trainers and bare ankles any day.

Laiste Mon 25-Sep-17 08:50:21

I think any item of clothing which armies of teens are wearing needs eyeing with suspicion when you're over 25 30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now