Talk

Advanced search

V neck jumper help

(18 Posts)
PhyllisWig Fri 22-Sep-17 13:24:04

Bloody hell it shouldn't be this hard. I swear to god I used to be able to get these without even thinking.

I need one or two v necked fine knit jumpers for work which I can either wear under jackets or with shirts under. I can't really afford cashmere and can't wear wool. Ideally it would be a cotton blend but at this stage I'd take anything which lasts beyond a wash and doesn't squeak.

I thought the tricky bit would be that I need a colour - green or purple or teal rather than a neutral. I don't really want red as I have a red coat and a red work dress and fancied a change. However I can find a reasonable amount of colours just not v necks.

I know lots of people swear by uniqlo but the colours are really wrong for me as I need something bright (their purple seems to be a maroon purple whereas I need a bright one).

I went into every shop i could find today including John Lewis. I have tried the supermarkets. I have had woolovers before but they never fit me right. I haven't tried Zara or mango yet. The only possible I have seen is the Tilly jumper in Boden but it's £50 which is more than I want to spend unless I can get a really good code.

Can anyone help?

wellhonestly Fri 22-Sep-17 13:48:38

kettlewell? Not a jumper as such but looks like a fine jersey. It's viscose. There are some nice colours.

GoGoGazelle Fri 22-Sep-17 15:18:23

I bought 3 cashmere vnecks from ebay. About £20-30 a pop and in fab condition (brora, pure collection and tesco).

PhyllisWig Fri 22-Sep-17 16:35:09

I never have any luck with eBay tbh but I shall take a look, thank you.

The kettlewell top does look like a top rather than a jumper unfortunately. Shame as it's the right shape/colour

PhyllisWig Fri 22-Sep-17 16:35:39

Sorry forgot my manners - thanks both

NearlyChristmasNow Fri 22-Sep-17 17:31:02

How about this one from Boden? m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-knitwear/knitted-jumpers/k0023/womens-tilly-v-neck-jumper

LoniceraJaponica Fri 22-Sep-17 17:35:15

Look at men's departments. I have long arms and have a lovely men's cotton jumper from M and S.

Neolara Fri 22-Sep-17 17:37:16

What about woolovers.com?

OublietteBravo Fri 22-Sep-17 17:40:22

I'm struggling too. The choice seems to be either cardigans or round necks.

Plus why does so much of the knitwear have 3/4 length sleeves or batwing sleeves (or both)?

OublietteBravo Fri 22-Sep-17 17:41:30

Oh, and why is so much longer at the back than the front?

Iamtheresurrection Fri 22-Sep-17 17:43:51

I got one in mango last year, it's quite thin but ok with a vest underneath.

EllenLydia Fri 22-Sep-17 18:00:55

I also use men's departments especially at Debenhams.

NearlyChristmasNow Fri 22-Sep-17 18:06:29

Oops, sorry, just noticed you'd already seen the Tilley jumper OP

NearlyChristmasNow Fri 22-Sep-17 18:08:40

One more www.kaleidoscope.co.uk/products/heine-v-neck-jumper/_/A-080900_16?utm_source=GoogleProductList&utm_medium=PLA&utm_campaign=CardigansAndJumpers&utm_content=080900_16&ns_campaign=CardigansAndJumpers&ns_mchannel=PLA&ns_source=GoogleProductList&ns_linkname=080900_16&ns_fee=0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6J-d6KO51gIVqLvtCh1_hgdJEAQYASABEgL6ZvD_BwE

clippityclop Fri 22-Sep-17 18:14:56

I got a couple of lovely cotton ones at Verona airport recently from Pullove.

chancerprancer Fri 22-Sep-17 18:17:12

No ones mentioned the dreaded m&s - this used to be the sort of thing they did well, have you tried them?

PhyllisWig Fri 22-Sep-17 19:47:20

Thanks for all the suggestions, will look through.

I've had men's jumpers before for casual but I'm little - only 5 3 with a short body so they don't really fit, even the extra small ones. I need quite fitted for this purpose.

M&s was awful btw. I said to dh did it, it may be a bit rubbish but at least it will something that basic - no. Only a 'super soft' i.e. Really low quality squeaky acrylic effort in a washed out navy. They had a few ok coloured polo necks and I tried one just to prove I didn't suit them. I didn't.

DressageNut Fri 22-Sep-17 21:01:27

Try Esprit...they sometimes have some useful stuff. Can't vouch for the squeakiness or otherwise of the knitwear though as I have only bought t shirts and vests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now