Talk

Advanced search

For me, the best ever Moisturiser (and I’ve tried many)

(14 Posts)
SukiTheDog Fri 22-Sep-17 10:51:39

So, this has come as a surprise as I’ve tried many many facial skin moisturisers over the past 35 years. These include Clarins/Estée Lauder/Lancome/Aldi/bobbi Brown/Olay etc etc. Recently, tried Fade Out Day and Night creams from Boots. Two months along, I have clearer skin...just brighter and more even. The day Cream is non greasy and excellent under foundation. I’ve taken to wearing just blusher over Moisturiser in the day as frankly, my skin looks nicely glowy with no makeup.

Anyone else like this product? Anyone else have a product which they’ve not expected too much from, only to find it hands down beats their “go to”product?

Maverick66 Fri 22-Sep-17 20:37:47

Never heard of it. Wonder would it be good for open pores?

MinesaPinot Fri 22-Sep-17 22:12:12

Likewise SukiTheDog, I tried every moisturiser under the sun (or so it seemed). Coming home on the plane after holiday about 4 years ago I bought a twin pack of L'oreal Revitalift Laser Renew Day and Night cream just to try it. I've never looked back! It very quickly made my skin feel softer and a lot smoother - I was prone to getting little bumps under my skin and spots on my chin and this seemed to smooth it all out very quickly.

Being a bit of a product junkie I've strayed a couple of times, but this is the one I have gone back to. In fact, I'm so pleased with it and how it makes my skin look, I've decided I am not using anything else. Am using the accompanying serum and eye cream now as well. It's fab stuff.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sat 23-Sep-17 04:24:43

I never spend on moisturizers. I am pretty loyal to Physiogel. Cetaphil when I can't get Physiogel. It's like sunblock - the trick is to use it regularly, and not to be precious with it, which happens with expensive stuff.

NotAgainYoda Sat 23-Sep-17 04:39:51

L'Oreal Laser Renew The Double Care. It's the one that has pink and white creams that squeeze out together when you pump it and then mix them in your hand

Moisturises really well but is not at all greasy.

Mum2OneTeen Sat 23-Sep-17 05:16:59

Clinique DD moisturiser: the only one I'm not allergic to, been using it forever.

FinallyDecidedOnUserName Sat 23-Sep-17 05:31:29

Nice!!!

SukiTheDog Sat 23-Sep-17 10:43:19

Pinot, my sister uses that range and swears by it. There’s so much money at L’Oréal, so you’d expect them to produce big well researched products.

I totally agree on the sunblock. I use a 40 spf daily and avoid anything lower. Have used the same one for years.

Maverick I’m not sure about the open pores. I just find my whole face to be “clearer” and not overly shiny. My blusher doesn’t slide off by lunchtime 😊

BusterGonad Sat 23-Sep-17 10:50:20

It's Astral for me with The Body Shop Oloe Vera eye cream, I've tried expensive and mid price stuff and tbh Astral leaves my skin plump and glowy and super soft!

Polkadotties Sat 23-Sep-17 10:52:01

Clinique dramatically different gel. Used it for years, have deviated but haven't found anything else I like

JennyHolzersGhost Sat 23-Sep-17 10:56:42

Simple light moisturiser. Does the job perfectly well and isn't too heavy for my skin.

SukiTheDog Sat 23-Sep-17 10:58:37

Oh, forgot to say Maverick... Fade Out has been around for years. 70’s or further back, I think. It’s often on offer at Boots and is around £9 a pot. The packaging is nothing fancy and it has a very firm consistency. Basic stuff I think. But, very good, for me.

BusterGonad Sat 23-Sep-17 11:04:52

Fade out looks good Op, I personally think the less spent on advertising and fancy packaging equals more to spend on the product itself, but I am a sucker for expensive make up and great adverts make me want it more!!! grin

MinesaPinot Sat 23-Sep-17 17:54:22

I'm with everyone about the use of sunblock. I use Clinique City block and have done every day for years. I'm sure it helps. By the way, there was some question of whether Clinique were discontinuing City Block. Definitely Not according to the consultant in JL in Southampton. One of their best sellers, and the only problem is that they just can't keep it in stock as it goes so quickly. Bought some in Gibraltar recently, and they had the Spf40 in Boots in Sevenoaks today.

Quick question for Yoda - would the Double Care be ok as a night cream as well do you think? Just thinking ahead to a short break and trying to cut down on my toiletries as I have minimal allowance for the plane.

Sorry OP, I appear to have hijacked your thread - apologies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now