Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where do you store handbags when not in use?

(23 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 21-Sep-17 12:58:23

I'm like a cuckoo taking over under the stairs! Could do with a clear out but looking for inspiration in the meantime please.

Where and how do you store your bags? (Also do you empty them out or leave them stuffed with biros, packets of tissues etc like I do (because I can be a bit of a slattern)).

2014newme Thu 21-Sep-17 12:59:23

In dressing room in baskets

happygirly1 Thu 21-Sep-17 13:02:05

I keep them in the bottom of my wardrobe! And yes, I like to keep old receipts/tissues/pens/train tickets etc stored in my bags as little surprises grin .

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 21-Sep-17 13:03:13

The tops of the wardrobes in our room and the spare room have shelves so I store them in their dust bags inside the shelving. I keep seeing people on Facebook groups who've Chanel and LV bags on display in glass cabinets which look lovely but we've got children and animals that would cause carnage, plus I'd be concerned about fading/exposure to dirt and dust.

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 21-Sep-17 13:14:02

I have inbuilt storage in my dressing room. When I remember, I try to keep them in their cloth bags if I can find them

cleanasawhistle Thu 21-Sep-17 13:22:22

I have a walk in wardrobe with double wooden doors.....have used some screw in large hooks.

I do have a few handbags that I like to change over all the time so one rule I stick to is to totally empty the bag and put it all in the bag I will be using,only way I can keep up without forgetting stuff

JustTheWayYouAre Thu 21-Sep-17 13:31:14

I have a kallax in the bedroom for bags and shoes. I tidy my bags (use 3 regularly through the week) every Sunday.

SnugglySnerd Thu 21-Sep-17 13:33:30

I put them all inside a large-ish overnight bag and keep this in the top of the wardrobe.

LetMeChangeYourSocks Thu 21-Sep-17 13:48:54

I have a storage bed so they go in there.

MIL has hooks all on one wall in her bedroom where she hangs them up like some sort or weird display/artwork confused

TurnipCake Thu 21-Sep-17 13:51:48

Wardrobe, and I put smaller bags into the bigger ones to save space

Ttbb Thu 21-Sep-17 13:52:47

Most of them (I.e. 3) are shoved into the back of my wardrobe where I pretend they do not exist. The one that I do use is always on the stairs/coat hooks.

TakeMe2Insanity Thu 21-Sep-17 15:48:22

Small Book shelf in my wardrobe. I got fed up of never finding anything and every bag being squashed.

PNGirl Thu 21-Sep-17 15:49:14

In their dustbags in a plastic lidded tub in the bottom of the boiler cupboard. My 4 posh ones live lined up in their dustbags across the top of the triple spare room wardrobe. Like this:

www.argos.co.uk/product/3306859

Miracle33 Thu 21-Sep-17 15:56:57

I hang on hangers in my normal wardrobe as no other space

Flomper Thu 21-Sep-17 15:58:29

I have a coat stand in the hall i put them on, habe a separaye cupboard.for coats

JaceLancs Thu 21-Sep-17 16:59:08

I have a small wicker linen basket which just fits under my dressing table
I store bags in their in their dust bags
Only have 5 or 6 though and tend to use one for weeks until I get bored and fancy a change I just then transfer the contents
I try not to carry too much around though due to my arthritic shoulders!

chanie44 Thu 21-Sep-17 18:50:02

Mine are in a drawer under my bed. The more expensive ones are in dust bags or pillow cases.

I regularly empty my bag, so I only carry around what I need anyway. When I do change them, I have a handbag insert, so I pull everything out one bag and into a new one.

Sometimes, when I change a bag, I leave a pound in it on purpose so I have a nice surprise when I use it again.

Motoko Thu 21-Sep-17 19:03:33

Wait, handbags have dustbags? They must be expensive ones, as I've never had a handbag with a dustbag!
The most I've ever spent on a handbag is £25 for a Cath Kidston one which I got reduced in the sale. My current one cost a tenner, and the other one I have was £3.50!

My current one lives by the sofa, and my CK one is also in the living room, and the other hangs on the back of a chair in my bedroom. Since the kids have grown up and I don't need to carry much stuff around, I prefer not to use a handbag if I'm wearing something with plenty of pockets, so that's why I don't have many or spend much on them.

I think hooks on the walls to store handbags can look good if they're nice designs.

LadyWithLapdog Thu 21-Sep-17 19:04:38

I shove them under the bed, some inside others. I'm vv bad about tidying them up, I just transfer mess from one to the other.

Littlelondoner Thu 21-Sep-17 19:23:32

I have a bed that lifts up. So I have them in their dust bags stacked in plastic boxes under the bed. Probs not best place in hindsight!

Unicorn81 Thu 21-Sep-17 19:35:18

Plastic drawers like these, also in dust bags

www.wilko.com/plastic-storage/wilko-storage-unit-4-drawer-assorted/invt/0188878

silkpyjamasallday Thu 21-Sep-17 19:37:45

I have them in three big boxes above my wardrobe, posh ones in their dust bags and divided into evening and day bags and cheaper bags jumbled in the other one. Always empty them out before I put them away but I don't ever carry around miscellaneous crap anyway, just the essentials - keys, purse, phone, maybe a charger or a book if I'm going on a long journey. I have run out of space now though but I have always been a bit of a 'bag hag' and I covet and collect them.

Madbengalmum Thu 21-Sep-17 19:37:59

In their dustbags, in their boxes in my handbag cupboard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: