Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I feel that MN has an opinion on Hotter shoes but I can't remember what it is

(63 Posts)
Trills Tue 19-Sep-17 16:25:11

Is it that they are for old ladies?

I bought some shoes earlier this year that MN said were for primary school teachers, so I don't mind that. grin

Just wanted to check if there was some common knowledge on quality/fit/etc

www.hotter.com/gb/en/mystery-boot?

What do you think of these boots?

Flamingobaby37 Tue 19-Sep-17 16:27:39

I really like them! My Gran always wore hotter shoes so I do associate them with older ladies. She was always very stylish though wink

NorthernLurker Tue 19-Sep-17 16:28:27

Opinion usually splits between derision and those who have actually bought good quality, comfy shoes there. I personally am in the latter group and I like those boots. They will be super comfy and warm.

MorrisZapp Tue 19-Sep-17 16:30:20

If those boots were by Marc Jacobs or something there'd be a waiting list.

See also Pistol ankle boots vs mum boots.

DramaAlpaca Tue 19-Sep-17 16:35:00

I'm not mad on those particular boots, but I can tell you that they will be very, very comfortable.

I've a few pairs of Hotter shoes as I can put my orthotic insoles in them and i find them to be comfy and decent quality. I quite like a lot of their styles too, but I know lots of people find them frumpy.

imjessie Tue 19-Sep-17 16:35:30

Yes they are in the same camp as Clark's for me . 😬

Trills Tue 19-Sep-17 16:39:02

in the same camp as Clark's for me

Perfect then, that's where the primary school teacher shoes came from and I have enjoyed wearing them a lot. grin

ilovecherries Tue 19-Sep-17 16:58:49

As far as I can tell, if you have healthy feet and back and have a sedentary job, the MN view is that you've given up when you move to Hotter. If you have sore feet, a back knackered by childbirth and are on your feet all day, the view is they are the bees knees. I generalise of course, but they do tend to polarise opinion. grin

imjessie Tue 19-Sep-17 17:14:15

Oh come on , they are seriously grim but obviously very comfy . I have difficult feet , a bad back and neck but I will not give in to hotter shoes . Their demographic is surely the over 50's , maybe over 60's . .. if you don't care about what your feet look like and comfort is the only factor then they are perfect . The reason I hate Clarks is as a child my mum took me in there and made me wear patent t bars which I hated . So I can't bring myself to buy their shoes even though I probably should . 🤷‍♀️ ... at the end of the day if you like them then buy them and enjoy the comfort !!

DonkeyOaty Tue 19-Sep-17 17:19:29

Horrid. But comfy. So <makes weighing motions with hands> up to you.

Can I put a word in for Fly London boots? Comfy and stylish IS possible shock

Trills Tue 19-Sep-17 17:27:15

You could show me the boots that fill the same niche but look "better", if you liked smile

IPokeBadgers Tue 19-Sep-17 17:30:36

I'm 38 and have officially given up as I am slowly replacing all boots with hotters - I prize comfort above all else! 😆

ShaniceWearsMostlyGlitter Tue 19-Sep-17 17:31:12

Fly boots look good but are pants if you have wide feet.
Ecco boots/shoes are very comfortable and not all of them are grannyish.
I haven't given up on style but comfort has to come first.

DonkeyOaty Tue 19-Sep-17 17:32:32

mes 2 for eg. Lower leg so fattybumbum calves are not an issue. Wide fitting footbed though not advertised as such. Yes spenny but shop around and look up codes too.

DonkeyOaty Tue 19-Sep-17 17:35:10

I have ridic EE/EEE width feet and flys fit me. Might depend on individual foot shape ofc but try some on. Peeps in Schu (sp) and Clinkards are not fazed by mammoth try-on sessions which result in no purchase.

Trills Tue 19-Sep-17 17:38:58

Thanks for the link Donkey - those look nice and the sole looks good but 33cm around the calf is no use to me at all.

Nettletheelf Tue 19-Sep-17 17:39:57

Those boots are a mystery all right. Why anybody would design, manufacture or buy them is an enigma.

DonkeyOaty Tue 19-Sep-17 17:41:12

These stop before they hit the calf if you see what I mean. I have the worlds most enormous tree trunk stumpy legs and get away with them.

You oughtta let me take you shopping! Mwa ha ha.

InvisibleKittenAttack Tue 19-Sep-17 17:41:33

Sorry, they do look a bit like you've given in.

Clarks boots are very comfy.

Trills Tue 19-Sep-17 17:42:17

I think my legs are calf all the way down.

NorthernLurker Tue 19-Sep-17 17:47:40

Fly are too narrow for me.

MorrisZapp Tue 19-Sep-17 17:49:26

Fly boots actuality suck dampness up from the pavement and make your feet wetter than the atmosphere. God knows how they cope with actual rain.

And they're a mum cliché round here I have to say.

Floisme Tue 19-Sep-17 17:57:06

I believe the general view is that they're hideously ugly but good enough for old people.

DumbledoresApprentice Tue 19-Sep-17 18:05:42

I have two pairs of hotter boots. These ones. They are really comfy and people often admire them and then seem shocked that they came from hotter. I'm 30 if that's relevant. I think they are quite nice.

DonkeyOaty Tue 19-Sep-17 18:15:49

Ooh brown long ones are lovely, DA. Sturdy. Straps. Cleated sole. Ticks my boxes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: