Talk

Advanced search

House of Colour Springs - where to find your colours this season?!

(19 Posts)
whiteviolet Mon 18-Sep-17 13:17:38

If there are any House of Colour Spring people around I thought here would be a good place to share your finds/links and purchases! It seems everywhere I look at the moment it's all very muted, dark colours which make me look like a corpse sad, or stuff in my colours that's far too summery. I don't need any more sleeveless dresses!! confused

I've just got my lovely woolly coral scarves and my trusty bright red jumper out of storage but what I'm really hoping to find this season is:

-A nice bright fair isle wool knit, ideally red, pink or warm cream background
-Some brightish blue straight or skinny leg jeans...maternity jeans just to make the search even harder!
-A skater dress in decent fabric, ideally floral. Can be black background but nice colourful flowers.

So please share what you've bought/are looking for this season and hopefully we can all find each other some lovely things!

Beketaten Mon 18-Sep-17 19:33:16

That's me too. I'd like a coral jumper. Maybe one in my best green. And some cream long sleeved tops. It's surprisingly hard to find cream, at least where I'm looking.

These are supposed to be my best colours.

Squashit Mon 18-Sep-17 19:41:07

This may be off colourwise but I have the grey one of these and it is great. They do it in these two other colours which might be suitable?

Squashit Mon 18-Sep-17 19:42:02

Next have some denim leggings in bright blue too.

Squashit Mon 18-Sep-17 19:42:48

Sorry forgot to add jumpers are from Woolovers.

Artyfarty555 Mon 18-Sep-17 21:38:28

Watching with interest as I'm a blue spring and I'm struggling to find anything to wear that isn't khaki, burgundy or dirty mustard!!
I usual stick to greys and bright red but l was colour / season matched by HOC this time last year and struggled. Spring and summer were fine but l also struggle this time of the year. My colours are bright, clear and warm.

whiteviolet Mon 18-Sep-17 21:46:25

Thanks squashit I'll check out Next!

Artyfarty I'm a blue spring too grin I always struggle this time of year. Oasis have some nice going out dresses in our colours but I'm not in the market for one at the moment...

Bek I'll keep an eye out for coral jumpers for you as my coral cashmere v neck is getting a bit ratty so i could be tempted...

Gillybobs Mon 18-Sep-17 21:49:47

I got a gorgeous bright red balloon sleeve sweater from marks and spencer, and an apricot batwing sweater from mint velvet.
Ive also bought two spring palette blouses from h&m, one in our gorgeous kelly green and one is navy with flowers. They're called "crinkle chiffon blouses" if you fancy a Google

whiteviolet Mon 18-Sep-17 21:56:15

Thanks Gilly - I never think to look in Mint Velvet as I didn't think they tended to have many spring colours!

I'm still cross with H&M about them taking months to refund me for an order last December, but they did send me a money off voucher so I might be tempted...

Piccolino2 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:09:02

I'm following with interest. I'm a blue spring (classic Ingenue) and need some new clothes. Been scanning the shops but everything is so dark. I bought a few bits from Kettlewell just for ease, waiting for them to arrive and hoping they'll be ok.

SexNamesRFab Tue 19-Sep-17 21:49:02

Lurking as I haven't seen much about since summer 2016!

UtahGirl12 Sun 24-Sep-17 17:03:20

Following as I think I'm a spring too! Not had my colours done, but looking at the Kettlewell quiz I seem to be spring. (Mousy hair (dyed a reddy brown to hide the grey!), pale skin, grey eyes. I tend to automatically go for turquoises, teals etc.

Artyfarty555 Sun 24-Sep-17 17:32:41

I had to send the H and M tops back. Lovely spring colours but not for me fit and fabric wise.

SexNamesRFab Tue 10-Oct-17 13:45:21

It's taken me a while, but I've finally found some spring brights to update my winter wardrobe.

H&M seem to have plenty of coral and geranium red. I went for:
Red blouse: www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0538272004.html
This but in coral: www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0531394005.html

Zara have plenty of warm white blouses. I went for this: www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/tops/view-all/blouse-with-covered-buttons-c733890p4946607.html

I also bought a geranium red knitted T and a kelly green knitted jumper in the Monsoon sale - neither of which appear to be on their website.

In general, I find it really easy to find the spring pinks, reds and oranges but much harder to find the blues or neutrals and I'm pretty certain warm navy doesn't actually exist.

Artyfarty555 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:23:42

Sexnamesrfab, aren't you very dedicated!? 🤣In a good way. I just seem to end up going back to my old ways and look at what everyone else looks good in and I'm easily swayed!! And half the time it looks rubbish on me. The other problem is the pull of the sales!!! I ended up buying two lovely tops from Monsoon online. They are both lovely but both black with a multi- floral front...they do have a bit of my colours on them but not really!!😂
I love the red blouse and think l saw it at the weekend but was looking at the cream one instead. Will have to another look.
The thing is, nobody has said " wow" those colours really suit you, you look really lovely, good ,healthy etc..which the HOC lady said would happen!! Nothing...just me feeling a lot out of my comfort zone, as colours are really striking.l did buy a coat/ jacket in the spring which is really bright coral and a few people have commented,but l think that's due to being a very pretty colour.
I have a neighbour who wears a lot of FatFace and those colours are very muted...long boots,tights a tunic and cardigan..looks very appealing to me..but so not what l should be aiming for! But comfy, easy and easy to put together.
I haven't done the expensive style day but maybe l should do that so it comes together a bit more. The thing is, as a fifty ( on Saturday!) year old ,l seem to have lost my way...and my teenage boys always comment " that's so teacher-ish" which l am but I'm struggling with! And the bright colours make me look like I'm trying too hard!!!
And...as for bright navy or warm navy...well. Good luck! Although there was a jumper in Monsoon which was a very bright navy rather purple- ish but was so fitted and short in the body but a good price,,£35.
Keep posting what you find to inspire me and keep me on track!!!

SexNamesRFab Tue 10-Oct-17 19:27:11

Arty - I am completely dedicated!!! I can't wear black at all now.

Artyfarty555 Tue 10-Oct-17 19:35:03

Sex, do you not even wear black trousers or black skinny jeans?!
That's my go to winter going out wear! Black skinnies or trousers and a top!!

Artyfarty555 Tue 10-Oct-17 19:35:48

Although l have got the Next navy coated skinny jeggings xx

purpleRH Fri 27-Oct-17 17:18:40

Hi all,

Can I join please if this thread is still active?! Would be really interested to learn and share where to buy 'spring' gear, particularly at this time of the year. Do any of you buy online, as how do you know if the swatches match? I have just been 'diagnosed' by HoC as a bright / paintbox spring which completely threw me as I thought I would be a summer - thought I was cool toned, not warm!! I did agree 100% though as I cringed when the cool colour swatches were placed on me, so I could see it straight away. Very weird that I've been walking around in loads of black / dark navy and pastel / the wrong brights for years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now