Talk

Advanced search

Wanted: amazing foundation. Budget £50

(44 Posts)
DancesWithOtters Tue 22-Aug-17 07:14:45

I need a new foundation. Currently using diorskin star 020.

I like decent coverage without looking caked.

Naturally oily skin, so nothing too dewy.

I hear good things about Charlotte Tilbury?

MrsDustyBusty Tue 22-Aug-17 07:17:17

I like By Terry. It's very, very good and doesn't have that yellow or pink taint.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 22-Aug-17 07:26:39

Shiseido SyncroSkin.

There are two, one dewy, one not, so you want to try the non dewy one.

StealingYourWiFi Tue 22-Aug-17 07:31:31

Face Atelier ultra foundation! You can get sample sizes online if you have a google. I think there was a whole thread about it on here once.

AngeloMysterioso Tue 22-Aug-17 13:47:02

Good old Estée Lauder double wear!

fredabear Tue 22-Aug-17 13:52:38

I have oily skin and have used Diorskin star before, but my favourite is Bobbi Brown skin weightless powder compact foundation lovely matte finish and doesn't slide off my face.

PollyPerky Tue 22-Aug-17 14:31:32

why don't you like Dior Star? I use it and love it. it's come up in The Times make up guide today as one of the best by Alice Hart davis.

DancesWithOtters Tue 22-Aug-17 14:42:57

Thanks all.

I do like the Dior, but my face gets so greasy with it. I have oily skin and work in a stuffy office, and by 2pm my face is shiny as hell and it's all slid off.

I'll order some samples of the ones you are recommending.

dubdurbs Tue 22-Aug-17 14:52:02

Lancome Teint Idole, buildable coverage(although I prefer to sheer it out with a decent primer) and no oily patches halfway through the day. Incidentally, I have extremely oily skin, and changing my skincare has made a world of difference to it!

Ohyesiam Tue 22-Aug-17 14:52:28

Chanel , can't remember the name of the foundation, but it's aqua something. Really good.

Cuppaqueen Tue 22-Aug-17 15:07:24

Bare Minerals liquid foundation - goes on like a liquid but mattifying effect of a powder. Best thing I've ever found for my oily skin!

PollyPerky Tue 22-Aug-17 17:44:32

If you like Dior Star why don't you try the long last one- can't remember the name but it's the same except it is more matte and for oilier skin. Is it Dior Forever? J Lewis have 10 % off online and in stores today.

I'd not use Lancome , because their foundations have a high alcohol content- you can smell it ! it's lethal for skin both long term and short term.

I've just got a sample of Double Wear, and am v impressed so far.

bakedbeansandtuna Tue 22-Aug-17 19:01:20

Armani Luminous Silk.

ImDoingLaundry Tue 22-Aug-17 21:25:58

Second for Armani luminous silk. Lightweight, no oil, and really good coverage. My skin is quite red and patchy, and the foundation covers is beautifully without using colour correction concealers

Delatron Tue 22-Aug-17 21:27:44

Armani luminous silk. Nothing else has ever come close.

Unicorn81 Tue 22-Aug-17 21:32:15

I have oily skin too and started using tarte amazonian clay, stays ln all day and has a matte finish. Qvc have good offers

BadlyDrawnBuoy Tue 22-Aug-17 23:25:05

Chanel perfection lumiere velvet

CaptainWarbeck Tue 22-Aug-17 23:40:10

It won't use up your £50, but Revlon ColourStay in the 'oily' version. I've used Lancome teinte idole and EL doublewear and neither have the staying power of the Revlon on oily skin. Good coverage, lots of shades and affordable!

selly24 Wed 23-Aug-17 00:11:59

Another vote for Doublewear from Estee Lauder. There is also a 'light' version. You can't go wrong!

Cakescakescakes Wed 23-Aug-17 08:05:35

The Tilbury foundations are both very 'fresh' looking so useless for oily skin.

I'm on a new foundation hunt too and have a very oily tzone. Chanel perfection limiter velvet is a lovely natural matte finish but
doesn't colour match well to me.

Double Wear Light lasts well but feels a bit claggy on my skin. Might not annoy you if you like a heavier coverage though. I'm currently trialling the Double Wear Nude Water Fresh but it doesn't last as well.

Changing my moisturiser has made a massive difference too. I use Clinique Moisture Surge which is a bit silicony which isnt everyone's cup of tea but it leaves a lovely smooth matte base for make up.

I haven't found a primer that makes a difference but all the silicone primers I've tried (Smashbox, Porefessional, maybelline
Baby skin,) have made the oiliness worse.

I think Ive just resigned myself to needing to touch up with powder half way though the day.

Cakescakescakes Wed 23-Aug-17 08:42:18

Also try watching a few foundation reviews on Hot and Flashy's blog. She does really thorough tests and it's great to see what they look like on normal slightly older skin rather than 20 yr old you tubers.

Cakescakescakes Wed 23-Aug-17 08:46:53

Massive review list... make a brew smile

www.hotandflashy50.com/the-list-all-the-foundations-ive-reviewed-from-best-to-worst/

Juicylucy1800 Wed 23-Aug-17 19:23:09

Nars sheer glow. It's not sheer or glowy. It's matte and a good medium to full coverage. I have oily skin and it's perfect

YouRat Wed 23-Aug-17 19:34:08

Clinique beyond perfection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now