Talk

Advanced search

Haircut ideas

(7 Posts)
elephantconga Mon 21-Aug-17 07:38:22

Wondering if anyone can help, or direct me to a good website that will help.

I have very very thick hair. My hairdresser layers so it doesn't stick out in a triangle shape. It is currently long (a few inches past my shoulders) and I've grown out the side fringe I had for years, over the past year.

I have previously had a graduated bob about 5/6 years ago, shoulder length layers and now longish layers. It's a bit "nothing" though and I often tie it back or scrunch dry my waves messily. I've tried a full fringe in the past, which I don't mind but OH hates so I'd rather go with another style. I had a side fringe for years and years but grew it out to see if I liked having nothing - to be honest, I can't decide.

I'm having my hair cut this week and I'm looking for inspiration. I have a baby so nothing high-maintenance. Can someone please tell me what is currently fashionable? Usually when I look up haircuts they are not styles a "normal" (boring) person like me would go for - they are often high fashion, high maintenance styles. If anyone can tell me where to look for what's the done thing for average people like me just now (length/shape/fringe or lack of) that would be really helpful.

ShowPineapple Mon 21-Aug-17 14:23:28

Sorry I'm no help but I have similar hair and am wondering this too. I know last year wavy messy hair in a kind of long bob was what everyone seemed to have but no idea what the up to date look is. I just had a baby too and feel very out of the loop when it comes to looking good!

elephantconga Mon 21-Aug-17 16:13:57

We'll await the style and beauty cavalry together smile

Please help us grin

elephantconga Wed 23-Aug-17 08:37:24

Anyone?

Want2beme Wed 23-Aug-17 10:21:57

Probably not helpful, but I'm having a cut and colour today and am going to ask the brilliant hairdresser I go to what she thinks of this hairstyle. I'd like a "version" of it and have grown my hair a little bit from a graduated bob, but still have a way to go. My hair is very similar to the models, fine but a lot of it. I always look on Pinterest under choppy bobs.

elephantconga Wed 23-Aug-17 12:18:24

Thanks! That's lovely. I don't think it would work with my hair and face shape but hope it goes well for you!

elephantconga Wed 23-Aug-17 22:32:01

Now thinking about an "angled lob" (styled wavy for the most part) in case anyone has any input on that. Hoping it would be ok with my square face and very thick hair but not much looks good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now