Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Serum or Skinceuticals C and E?

(9 Posts)
CheckingMyPrivilege Sun 20-Aug-17 23:58:49

Deciding between the two. Or any other suggestion please.

Thanks.

Sarahsue1 Mon 21-Aug-17 00:42:36

I use obagi vitamin c. Skinceutials is good but not as good as obagi for me - and no clue re drunk elephant sorry x

JDSTER Mon 21-Aug-17 10:50:15

Have you used Vit C before? It's a great skincare ingredient and both those high end brands are good (although not tried) but have you considered The Ordinary? They have a 23% with hylauronic acid which texture wise some people dislike as it's quite 'shiny' once you've applied. They've also brought out a 30% version in a silicone base which is very matte once applied. I've been using it a few weeks and I really like it. Price point on these two only around £5, hugely different to the ones you're considering smile.

CheckingMyPrivilege Mon 21-Aug-17 10:54:52

JDSTER

I actually have The Ordinary 23% but I have heard a lot of negative reviews about it, so I'm kinda worried to use it. How do you use it? I read some mix it with hyaluronic acid.

I have not tried the 30% yet.

JDSTER Mon 21-Aug-17 13:55:39

checking, I have oily/combination skin. After cleansing in the morning I apply about a 5 pence blob of the vit c. I don't mix it with anything and the 23% one contains HA anyway. Give it a couple of mins then apply moisturiser. I use a separate spf so I'd apply that maybe 20 mins later, after I've dried my hair or something. After another 10 mins or so I use primer before a bit of makeup. I need the primer to mattify the skin and cover pores. That being said, the new 30% one is like a primer (due to its silicone content) so I suspect reviews will be more favourable in the long run, particularly if skin is towards the oilier spectrum. Vit C is a really good product for the skin, it's just finding a formula that you like

CheckingMyPrivilege Mon 21-Aug-17 14:00:00

I'll try the 30% when we get that here in Australia. Did you notice big improvement using the 23%?

I used to use Vitamin C years ago. Then I shifted to the Le Roche Posay Redermic C which was I think a mild form.

I haven't used any though in months.

JDSTER Mon 21-Aug-17 21:48:33

I can't say I've noticed a big improvement but I don't have any issues like pigmentation. I use it because it's good insurance for my skin and also boosts the effectiveness of SPF. A bit like medicine for the skin if you like.

CheckingMyPrivilege Mon 21-Aug-17 22:37:10

JDSTER

I also don't have pigmentations or major skin issues. I will try this then. I just got scared because of the reviews saying they felt like their faces are burning whenever they apply this.

Jelly01mum Fri 06-Oct-17 13:09:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now