Talk

Advanced search

A nice hoody?!

(23 Posts)
elephantconga Sun 20-Aug-17 15:49:46

I'm looking for a hoody for sticking on in the house when I'm cold, or over PJs, for comfy travelling or for over fitness stuff. Preferably a zip one. I have an old one, that I think looks ok, my husband says is horrible and to be fair I probably bought it on sale for £3 or something but it's just plain blue and not that offensive, I thought! I don't have brilliant taste though, hence asking here.

Anyway, I just wondered if there's a consensus on "nice" ones, both in terms of comfort and not looking too horrific. I don't want black, or slogans. Best place to look for one?

winchesterfan Sun 20-Aug-17 16:32:47

Primark have some plain zip up hoodies in a few different colours, they're ok for just wearing around the house.

mummc2 Sun 20-Aug-17 16:34:40

Hi I usually get mine from H&M lots of colours great quality and around £20

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 20-Aug-17 16:35:07

Animal have some nice ones in different colours, not all are emblazoned with logos.

Appin Sun 20-Aug-17 16:42:31

Fat face have some nice ones in the sale at the moment. I bought one to wear on a long haul flight I'm going on soon.

HappyHoppy Sun 20-Aug-17 17:08:26

Uniqlo have some nice plain ones - www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/women/tops/sweatshirts-hoodies?productSelected=400170

fivefour3twoone Sun 20-Aug-17 17:28:14

Ooh I'm interested in this too except I'm after a pull over head one (what are they called!!) and after a thinning lightweight one. Saw a nice one in jack wills but it was cropped so probably not very flattering on my (fat) mum tum.

fivefour3twoone Sun 20-Aug-17 17:28:36

Thinnish not thinning

fluffiphlox Sun 20-Aug-17 17:30:29

£7 in Primark. Cosy. Nice colours. I know, I know, they're probably made by tiny mites in foreign sweatshops.

bingohandjob Sun 20-Aug-17 18:15:54

Boden hoodies and sweaters are lovely quality (I only ever get them in the sale) m.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-loungewear

Patagonia are gorgeous too - spendy but again, look around for sale bargains

Finisterre are fab - again, £££ but great quality and I've got mine from the sale...I've got a simple navy merino one which I've had for 5 years and used loads and it looks like new.

greathat Sun 20-Aug-17 18:28:33

I got my latest one from mountain warehouse smile

elephantconga Sun 20-Aug-17 20:03:09

Thanks all - will have a look

thesoo Sun 20-Aug-17 20:49:28

Saltrock have some lovely hoodies, and up to 75% off in the sale just now.

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 20-Aug-17 20:50:51

^^ saltrock ones are lovely and some are very soft & furry inside grin

lotsofconfuse Sun 20-Aug-17 20:52:28

Hollister ones look lovely and plush. Depends on your budget?

BobbinThreadbare123 Sun 20-Aug-17 20:53:28

I second Uniqlo! Perfect, plain hoodies. Nice material. Just treated myself to a bunch of their stuff.

BarbaraofSevillle Sun 20-Aug-17 20:58:47

I got a nice small, slim, lightweight one from Matalan and also have a lovely big cosy one from Weird Fish at the outlet place. I live in mine with yoga pants in the house.

applesareredandgreen Sun 20-Aug-17 22:17:18

How do the uniqlo hoodies wash please?

I am the owner - and past owner - of several primark hoodies- yes they are very cheap but they shrink and bobble badly.

I've decided this year to spend a little bit more and hopefully get something a little longer lasting.

I do have a light grey one I bought from Next last year which hasn't bobbled but I think it has shrunk a bit as although it's a nice fit now if was too big when I bought it - so shrinkage even though in this case this was helpful.

fivefour3twoone Sun 20-Aug-17 22:19:37

Hush are doing a nice one but they call it a tunic - £55

leccybill Sun 20-Aug-17 22:54:14

direct.asda.com/george/women/jumpers-cardigans/lace-up-striped-hoodie/GEM579048,default,pd.html

I like this one from Asda for a bargainous £14.

mowglik Mon 21-Aug-17 06:20:59

Hollister has loads and are very soft and padded inside. Some designs are slogan free

elephantconga Mon 21-Aug-17 07:26:33

Thanks. Have picked out a couple so far then they haven't been in stock in my size. hmm Will try to get to some of these shops in person.

BobbinThreadbare123 Mon 21-Aug-17 19:05:16

I haven't washed my Uniqlo one yet. It's too new. Their other clothes wash nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now