Talk

Advanced search

Clogged mineral foundation...

(10 Posts)
stillnotjustamummy Fri 18-Aug-17 13:45:24

I've bought a pot of the lily Lolo mineral foundation. The tester was good, but this has gone hideous and patchy on my skin. What am I doing wrong?

skincarejunkie Fri 18-Aug-17 14:55:48

Is it clinging to your primer? Buff, buff and buff some more. Some days, my skin loves mineral foundation and others it just won't have it! Keep buffing!

vasseve1 Fri 18-Aug-17 15:20:14

Bin the primer when you are using mineral powder. When you first put on moisturizer let it settle for 10mins otherwise it will make the powder patchy. Lily Lolo is a good mineral powder. Yo can either buff it or apply like a normal powder. No point buffing if your skin is still sticky form cream or lotion.

skincarejunkie Fri 18-Aug-17 15:21:47

^ smile

stillnotjustamummy Fri 18-Aug-17 15:44:29

I don't think so, it's happening a couple of hours after application. Gah! I thought I'd finally found something that lessened my crone like skin...

skincarejunkie Fri 18-Aug-17 15:57:04

Oh. It's gutting when you think you've found one, isn't it? I thought I had with a Mally one until I saw it in a different light. And a Tarte one that made me look like I was trying to look 19 again! In fact, I've tried so bloody many! Sometimes, it's my own fault for not using the millions of skincare products I buy. I know I need to but I fall out of love with the faff!!

skincarejunkie Fri 18-Aug-17 15:57:46

And that photo is not remotely cronelike! flowers

vasseve1 Fri 18-Aug-17 16:27:04

It takes a bit of practise with mineral and doesn't suit everyone. I know you can spend a fortune looking for the holy grail of foundations. What about a CC cream and even some of the tinted moisturizers have more coverage now. Look on youtube they review everything.

vasseve1 Fri 18-Aug-17 16:28:45

Agree NOT crone like!

vasseve1 Fri 18-Aug-17 16:33:40

I have mentioned him before but look for Wayne Goss on youtube he covers everything and he is very honest about products.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now