Talk

Advanced search

Starting again

(7 Posts)
Icklepickle101 Fri 18-Aug-17 12:08:13

Very recently split from DP after he was speaking to another woman and admitted he didn't find me attractive anymore. I know a large part of this is me making zero effort with myself since having DS nearly 2 years ago. I've been living in baggy maternity clothes and skincare has gone out the window. I want to get my mojo back and as I'll be living with my DM for a while will have some cash to start again but I need help!

I'm 20, a size 10, just under 6ft, very flat Chested. I like the idea of getting some nice quality T shirts and a few good fitting jeans. I want to look casual but 'polished'

Where on earth do I start with skincare?! I have combination skin prone to breakouts but not loads of time in the mornings as I work and have DS to get ready.

Please help me get my confidence back!!

skincarejunkie Fri 18-Aug-17 13:08:56

Liz Earle C &P can be speedy in the mornings as you can hot cloth in the shower. That with a light moisturiser during the day should be enough. If you've more time in the evenings get yourself a relaxing three step. I swap between Decleor, Elemis and a Roger et Gallet one but you've lovely young skin so you can prob get away with Simple. *growls enviously. I hope you get your confidence back and you get some TLC from your mum xx

Callamia Fri 18-Aug-17 13:16:03

Crikey, a size 10 and you're that tall. You sound like a super model! A really flattering pair of jeans, and some great maxi dresses, or midi skirts? Easy enough to dress up or keep casual.

Best advice - get a really good fitting bra. It'll make you feel ace, and will allow your clothes to sit well. You might feel flat-chested, but go and get measured somewhere good.

Skincare - I like an illuminating tinted moisturiser and a good blusher. Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown are my favourites. Spendy, but last for ages, and worth it for quality and colour.

PaganGoddessBrigid Fri 18-Aug-17 13:27:00

DON'T let this one young man's opinion of you affect your confidence. BRUSH it off. At a mere 20 years old you have time to 'let yourself go' and come back again! Several times. You aren't obliged to be gorgeous when your baby is tiny. But have fun getting your mojo back.

Icklepickle101 Fri 18-Aug-17 14:09:14

Thank you for your kind words l, my mum will be giving me lots of love and I want to get myself back on top form as a big two fingers up to him for making me feel a bit shitty about myself.

SKIncare wise I'm really interested in routine like cleansing, moisturising, exfoliating etc my sister is very into chemical stuff at the minute but I want o explore all the options as my skin is really awful at the minute!

skincarejunkie Fri 18-Aug-17 14:48:12

Eat well, drink tons of water. Might be worth a trip to a salon that does facials and getting some advice face to face. If you go to a beauty counter, you will get sold to! Don't fall into the trap of stopping moisturising if you break out. Stick with a routine. I find a hot cloth is exfoliator enough on a face. (unlike my sand paper arms) Stick with it and it will get better. Try a Birchbox maybe for some fun finding out.

bunnybleu Fri 18-Aug-17 21:15:48

Oh bless you, but it's his loss! Don't fall into the trap of trying lots of different products, your skin won't thank you. Maybe chat to your sister, she might have a couple of things for you to try. But I'd say start with Cleanse and moisturise, and exfoliate either with an acid toner or a gentle scrub depending on which you prefer. Also, a good bra as already suggested, and a lipstick that looks wow on you. Chin up girl, it's better to be on your own than with the wrong guy, just enjoy your little boy and let your mum look after you for a while flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now