Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to wear dr martens?

(33 Posts)
DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 12-Aug-17 10:43:25

I would really like a pair but have no idea which ones or how I would wear them!
I usually wear either skinnies with converse/ Chelsea boots and a breton style top, or tunic/dress with tights/leggings and Chelsea boots. Can I wear them the same way? confused

ijustwannadance Sat 12-Aug-17 10:44:48

Yep. Exactly the same.

TartanDMs Sat 12-Aug-17 10:47:57

I wear them with skinnies or leggings, with floaty summer dresses and thick tights like it was 1994, and long flowy skirts. Once you get past the part where they chew your ankles, they are the most comfy footwear ever.

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 12-Aug-17 10:50:40

That's good to know Thankyou. Do they break in easily? Is there anything I should know about best style to try? I like the Chelsea boot in them but would really like to try something different.

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 12-Aug-17 10:52:09

I'm not quick enough! is the ankle chewing really bad?

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 12-Aug-17 10:53:34

How true to size are they? I'll have to order online as no local shop.

TartanDMs Sat 12-Aug-17 10:58:48

The ankle chewing is evil for the first few times of wearing, so always put pre emotive plasters on. But after that, they sort of weld to the shape of your foot and are like slippers.

I've only had the classic 8 hole styles in boots, I have also got sandals, t bar shoes and loafers. I find them slightly on the large side but I have wide hobbit feet so they are great for me, I haven't tried Chelsea boots so don t know about them. My feet are a 4.5 and I can sometimes fit in a 4, sometimes a 5. Usually a 5 in boots because they are better at staying on.

Janika Sat 12-Aug-17 10:59:13

I'm a 6/6.5 but 6 fits perfectly.
Enjoy
One pair won't be enough...

TartanDMs Sat 12-Aug-17 11:01:19

And they also last forever - I still wear the first DMs i bought with my wages from my Saturday job when I was 14 (I'm 38 now!)

ijustwannadance Sat 12-Aug-17 11:01:50

Depends on what type you get. My soft leather biker style took no breaking in.
The standard style can be quite stiff.

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 12-Aug-17 11:13:37

Thanks all!

ChishandFips33 Sat 12-Aug-17 16:00:21

I wear mine as above and love them

Felt a little self conscious at first as I didn't think they were 'me' but they totally are now!

user7841794168 Sat 12-Aug-17 16:06:12

I wear the shoes not the boots, they are great in a job where you walk around a lot. I wear them with any trousers and they are great.

Violetparis Sat 12-Aug-17 16:09:03

I have the shoes and tend to wear them with rolled up boyfriend type jeans, think boots work with these type of jeans too.

KanyesLunchbox Sat 12-Aug-17 16:34:31

If you don't mind me jumping on this, OP, if any committed doccers would like to share your favourites, could you please link? I've finally admitted to myself that heels are just too painful.

I only have shoes, not boots. I wear them with opaques and mini skirts. I'd like to wear them with skinnies but not sure what to do re socks and they aren't really comfortable enough to wear with bare feet.

The stuff they sell in DM shops to rub into them is excellent - definitely helped with the softening up process.

DragonmotherKhaleesi Sat 12-Aug-17 18:26:29

go ahead kanye, it's an education for me!

HarryBlackberry Sat 12-Aug-17 19:35:05

They do a boot called Newton and they're really soft and comfy. No breaking in required!

ScarlettDarling Sat 12-Aug-17 21:13:19

I bought a pair of Doc Marten Viola boots two years ago which I adored and wore to death. They were comfy from the very first wear. I wanted to buy a new pair for this year but am gutted to see Doc Marten don't do them any more and I can't find my size anywhere else!

TartanDMs Sat 12-Aug-17 22:08:32

These are my favourites at the moment (as per user name!)

LunaTheCat Sun 13-Aug-17 09:11:09

I have seen a couple women wear them well recently. I went to the opera and one young woman had a Lacey evening dress and black doc Martin boots. At a coffee shop last week there was a woman with forest green patent docs with trousers that sat just above them and a bright orange top. They both looked fantastic!
I would love a pair but am scared wearing in process.

MineKraftCheese Sun 13-Aug-17 09:27:18

Reading this thread and thought I'd have a shoofty on Asos for Docs and I've just seen these and I don't think I can go on living unless I own them. Glittery rainbow unicorn DMs 😍🎉🙏🌈🦄

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sun 13-Aug-17 09:35:18

Oooh a DM thread - must be nearly autumn! 😄

I am very tempted by these but not exactly sure what I'd wear them with...

www.drmartens.com/uk/p/originals-shoes-smooth-8065

NorfolksGiven Sun 13-Aug-17 09:48:29

Those unicorn ones 😍

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now