Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to get done regularly at the beautician

(43 Posts)
Squirmy65ghyg Thu 10-Aug-17 21:59:09

Got my nails done tonight, for £20. They look amazing. I was wondering what a good, basic "routine" would be, eg eyebrows and also nails every 6 weeks say. Anything else? Just to give a bit of a boost without spending lots. No waxing, am too wimpy. I also never get my hair cut and want to change that too.

Ninjakittysmells Thu 10-Aug-17 22:03:40

I get eyebrows threaded every fortnight, dyed every month. Nails shellaced every 3 weeks, toe nails every 6. I like a facial once a month, and when I'm super flash I get a weekly spray tan.

I have laser hair removal so no waxing or anything needed though! Oh, and I do my own individual lash extensions, or I'd get those done every 2-3 weeks too!

ememem84 Thu 10-Aug-17 22:04:54

I do nails once a month and waxing every 6 weeks (eyebrows and bikini).

Squirmy65ghyg Thu 10-Aug-17 22:06:40

How many times do you have to go to the beautician to get that done Ninjakitty? I think I need to find a good mobile beautician.

sortingmyselfoutslowly Thu 10-Aug-17 22:07:56

Interested to know how much laser hair removal costs (obvioudly it varies but ballpark?) For overgrown bikini area - PCOS sufferer here!

MinesaPinot Thu 10-Aug-17 22:11:22

My absolute basic is roots and blow dry every 4-5 weeks with cut on every other roots appointment (if that makes sense!). Eyebrows shaped and tinted every 4 weeks.

Need to get more regular with my waxing - am having bikini, underarm and half leg wax in a couple of weeks before holidays, and then mani/pedi on the ship when I am away. I don't know why I don't have those done more regularly as my local salon is really reasonable!

Ninjakittysmells Thu 10-Aug-17 23:03:22

I bought the Phillips Lumea and just do it myself! I'm pale with wiry pube hairs all over my body so perfect demographic for it, but it really works! I think mine was about £300 but now I can go months without shaving. It's amazing!

KimchiLaLa Thu 10-Aug-17 23:59:29

I am Asian so I wax my arms and bikini probably every 6 weeks and thread my brows and upper lip around the same time.

Regular nail appointments (monthly) and root touch ups every two months.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 11-Aug-17 00:40:35

Eyebrows threaded every fortnight, hair cut every five weeks. Other than that, I do everything myself - tint brows and lashes every month, pedicure once a week, nails every three days or so, colour hair every month. General deforestation with shaving, in winter it's legs and bikini line weekly and armpits every second day, in summer legs and under arms need done daily if I'm wearing a skirt/short-sleeves. (I am like an actual monkey hair-wise.)

kimchi I would love to be able to thread my own eyebrows. Really I could do with it weekly.

KimchiLaLa Fri 11-Aug-17 17:59:56

I wouldn't dare do my own but I love doing them in the hands of the right beautician.

kel1234 Fri 11-Aug-17 18:06:09

I used to get my nail extensions done every 2 weeks and my eyebrows threaded every 2 weeks. Recently I haven't cause of money. I miss it..

Rightpivotturn Fri 11-Aug-17 18:21:38

Cut and colour for hair every 8 weeks. Waxing (legs and foof) every 5/6 weeks, and occasionally I have my brows done while I'm in there. Mobile foot lady comes to me every 6-8 weeks (more often in summer) to do hard skin removal and repaint toenails - keeps my feet looking super, and feeling nice too.

LockedOutOfMN Fri 11-Aug-17 18:38:39

I get my hair cut, highlighted and blowdried every 8-10 weeks. I love the pampering. Occasionally get blowdries when I'm going somewhere special. Very occasionally get my make-up done professionally as I'm utter crap at make-up.

I get massages sporadically and always love them.

Bikini wax about 3 or 4 times a year - I don't have much hair on my bikini line and it's pale and fine so I tend get away with minimal maintenance even though I'm often in a bikini or one piece swimsuit because I live in a warm climate and love swimming.

Hate people touching my nails so I do my own very basic pedicure at home every week or two. Fingernails are just kept filed and clean (I don't paint them apart from every once in a blue moon, then take off all the polish as soon as it chips an hour or so later).

If I had a good salon near me then I would probably get facials too. I used to have them as treats a couple of times a year but then moved abroad and don't have any recommended places to get one. Also used to get monthly sports massages on my legs (which were painful but strangely enjoyable, and felt wonderful afterwards) but stopped for the same reason. I love all sorts of treatments and pampering except for nails which for no reason I can fathom sets my teeth on edge.

Magpiemagpie Sat 12-Aug-17 09:03:38

Nails every 10 days - 2 weeks
Pedicure - shellac polish every month
Eyebrows every 2-3.weeks
Lashes -.infills. 2-3.weeks
Hair - I do my own
Facials probably once a month - 6 weeks

Liiinoo Sat 12-Aug-17 10:56:12

OPI gel manicure every 2/3 weeks
French polish pedi (controverisal I know) every month in the summer.
Hair coloured and cut every 9 weeks or so.
Dye my own eyebrows every 2/3 weeks.
Epilate my peach fuzz and moustache every couple of days with a spring thing. (Works like threading)
Botox to lift my hooded eyes every 3/4 months.

I am currently having a monthly RF facial which is meant to tone up sagging skin and improve my jawline. If it shows the promised improvements after a course of 6 I will make it a regular thing.

Crispsheets Sat 12-Aug-17 11:02:31

Every 6 weeks...
Hair cut and roots
Dermalogica facial
Eyebrows and Hollywood wax
Pedicure
I've had shellac this summer for the first time...really liked it. I am on my 3rd colour. May continue with it but it's pricy here... £58.

My legs and bikini line are lasered which was the best investment of time and money ever.

Looby4 Sat 12-Aug-17 11:08:01

Roots every three weeks, cut every six. Shellac and eyebrow thread every two weeks, waxing every six weeks. I typed the costs into Martin Lewis's calculator http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/demotivator/ and it said I could retire 12 years earlier if I didn't spend this! Sobering ....

Newtssuitcase Sat 12-Aug-17 11:10:08

Gosh people get a lot of treatments!

I have my hair done roughly once every 3/4 months (long and straight and I have balayage and so don't need to worry about root regrowth)

botox every six months

That's it. I have had laser hair removal but after 15 sessions and great expense at a very well know leading chain using top spec laser machine, it hasn't worked. There's a reduction but not full removal.

PollyPerky Sat 12-Aug-17 11:14:36

Personally I consider it all a complete waste of cash.

I have a hair cut around every 8-10 weeks and colour twice a year.

Other than that I do everything at home. File my nails once a week and apply nude polish, same for feet.

Eyebrows don't need plucking in fact I am using Rapidbrow to help them grow more.

I buy mid-high end cosmetics and tbh I'd rather spend £100 on those now and then than a few manicures etc.

MozzchopsThirty Sat 12-Aug-17 11:22:26

Gel nail infills every 3 weeks
Shellac on toes every 3 months
Botox every 4 months
Brows waxed & coloured every 3-4 weeks
Hair cut every 8-10 weeks
Highlights about 3 times per year
Sports massage once per month

Lotsofsausage Sat 12-Aug-17 11:31:26

I would say maintain nails, even if no polish -shape and cuticle work, eyebrows shaped and tinted (makes the face look solo much better) and top lip wax if you need it. that will all make a high difference.

OCSockOrphanage Sat 12-Aug-17 19:47:02

Brows threaded and dyed, plus a pedi-paint job every six weeks or so in summer. Haircut every three months. I do the maintenance in between myself. A shellac manicure for Christmas.

thegirlthatcant Sat 12-Aug-17 21:21:28

message for ninja how do you do your own lash extensions?
what do buy the products from?
mine are thinning and would love to be able to do this myself
I have regular eyebrow tint and wax (really makes a difference)
leg and bikini wax
going to try and have more facials

ZootSuit Sat 12-Aug-17 21:38:22

Liiinooo does Botox work for hooded eyes? Tell me more!

ComeTheFuck0nBridget Sat 12-Aug-17 21:40:51

I get my eyelashes tinted every few weeks and I am obsessed. Can't believe how much difference it makes. I'd love to have a regular gel manicure and pedicure but it just seems so indulgent in both time and money! So I just treat myself before holidays normally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now