Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

House of Fraser Issa

(5 Posts)
Looby4 Tue 08-Aug-17 10:54:59

House of Fraser have relaunched the Issa brand. The blue dress Kate M wore for her engagement photo is there, although sold-out in smaller sizes. There are some lovely longer occasion dresses though...
https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/issa-darcy-pleat-detail-dress/d792517.pd#267910399

Mulberrysilk Sun 29-Oct-17 21:27:26

My Issa patterned Darcy dress arrived on Friday. I can't decide if I should keep it. It's very flattereing. It fits well and really suits my shape. The arms are quite fitted and the arm pits are close fitting. My concern is that its polyester. I don't generally buy polyester. Does anyone own this dress? Will I be a hot, sweaty mess in it?

Darcy dress

GlubGlubGlub Mon 30-Oct-17 10:12:56

It look lovely but £98 for polyester. Clothing manufacturers don’t expect men to put up with this shit!

MismatchedCat Mon 30-Oct-17 10:47:21

Will I be a hot, sweaty mess in it?

Most likely and the dress will probably retain smells too. You could try dress shields, but I wouldn't bother. As Glub said - 98 quid for polyester is a rip off

Mulberrysilk Mon 30-Oct-17 14:16:02

Yeah, I know, you're both right. Its just such a lovely fit. I was hoping someone would reply saying that they owned the dress and that its a new magical modern polyester that doesn't reek.

It's getting harder and harder to avoid polyester no matter which price bracket you look in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now