Talk

Advanced search

What are Mumsnetters buying this week? Find out with our weekly Swears By email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Swears By

Please enter a valid email address

Sun cream recommendations

(29 Posts)
Lolimax Mon 24-Jul-17 21:22:44

On holiday next week to Cyprus, me and DH. Both quite pale. Can anyone recommend a really good sun cream make please?

specialsubject Fri 28-Jul-17 12:25:42

Really? Looks like the leading British dermatologists disagree with the American study you cite. Skin isn't that porous.

Five mins on Google and the hole was obvious. Of course that isn't research, but I don't claim it is. Everybody has to make a living, as yours is being sponsored by the beauty 'industry' then good luck to you.

If you can disprove the three authorities I cite, I'm listening.

kel1234 Fri 28-Jul-17 12:29:02

I only use Garnier Ambre Soliare factor 50+. I'm very sun intolerant and burn extremely easy (I burnt badly in England when it was only 16 degrees, I thought I'd be fine but no).
I use the sun cream, after sun, and lip care stick. Also I use kids version of it on my toddler.

kel1234 Fri 28-Jul-17 12:30:04

Sorry I should have added that I burnt that day because I didn't put any suncream on, not that it was no good and i burnt. I've never had any problems with it on, even on holiday in hot places.

AllToadsLeadToHome Sat 29-Jul-17 13:54:41

Does anyone know if there is one that is smell free?

Does Sensitive mean that it won't make my eyes sore and cause sneezing?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: