Talk

Advanced search

Terrible legs

(5 Posts)
skirainbow Wed 12-Jul-17 14:07:29

I have always had dodgy legs, even when young and lovely. But now they are shocking. They are overly chunky for a start. I have bulgy veins brought about by years of standing and carrying oversized twins. One of them gets swollen to monstrous proportions at the drop of a hat following a nasty spider bite and severe cellulitis a few years ago. They will never be good r even acceptable . But what can I do to make them more acceptable - less big, less puffy, less bruised looking, less bumpy?

d270r0 Wed 12-Jul-17 14:12:47

Exercise will help tone them.
Let them air and using moisturiser will improve the skin.
Sorry can't help any more than that.

burnishedsilver Wed 12-Jul-17 15:16:26

When mine get puffy sleeping in flight socks really helps.

thedevilinablackdress Wed 12-Jul-17 20:03:05

I recommend Garnier Hydra Lock moisturiser, it has Urea in it which helps smooth the skin. I use that coming up to leg-baring season and sometimes wash off fake tan if I can be arsed. Mostly I keep 'em covered tho unless abroad.

Joffmognum Wed 12-Jul-17 20:54:45

Surgery is the only thing that can fix the veins - anyone who claims otherwise is either misinformed or trying to sell you something.

Exercise won't shrink them, but it will give them a nicer shape. Only fat loss will shrink them. Flight socks may also help in the short term, like PP said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now