Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can anyone recommend a rash vest for a norky size 10?

(11 Posts)
CinderellasBroom Mon 10-Jul-17 14:12:47

I don't want to buy online and find that whatever I buy looks awful because it's designed for sporty types with no bust. So can anyone recommend a rash vest (I'm thinking high neck, short sleeve) that has worked with norks? I'm a size 10 usually.

If it came with matching board shorts that would be ideal, but I'm more worried about burning my shoulders in the pool on holiday than about my legs... I suspect I'll be doing a lot of standing around in shallow water making sure the kids are safe.

Frouby Mon 10-Jul-17 14:44:04

Have a look in Sports direct. Picked dd one up last week, they had board shorts as well and lots on sale. Not sure if they will cover your norks but I got dd a 10 and it's quite generous.

CMOTDibbler Mon 10-Jul-17 14:56:14

I have one from Decathlon that looks as good as a rash vest will look

ZaraW Mon 10-Jul-17 15:54:16

I got mine from J Crew in the sales a couple of years ago but not much use if you are in London. Their designs are the best I've seen.

CinderellasBroom Mon 10-Jul-17 16:14:28

Sports Direct had run out, that was the first place I tried. But they said they're re-stocking. I hadn't thought of J Crew, I'll have a look and see if there's a store I can get to.

CMOTDibbler You gave me excellent advice on running tops a while back, thanks! I'll try Decathlon.

bingohandjob Mon 10-Jul-17 18:03:13

I got mine from Lands End - accommodates my plentiful bust very well.

OCSockOrphanage Mon 10-Jul-17 20:14:24

There's one I saw in Good Housekeeping with long sleeves and a centre zip so you can reveal or conceal to a flattering level. but not inexpensive.

CinderellasBroom Tue 11-Jul-17 20:10:49

I found one in Sports Direct (I went to a bigger store) but they only had a 12. It's probably a bit more wrinkly than ideal, but I think it'll be OK once it's wet, and is certainly better than nothing. Only men's board shorts, unfortunately, and they don't work on me at all (hourglass shape).

Chicinwellies Tue 11-Jul-17 21:52:59

Finisterre

JohnCheese Tue 11-Jul-17 22:12:21

Don't like to burst your bubble of flattering hope, but flattering rash vest?? Nah. Don't exist. I bought both a short and a long sleeved one from Amazon this year (on the back of a thread here). They're fine. My previous one was landsend, again fine.
This is the short sleeved one.

I had seen one in J Crew but it was a ridiculous price like £100 or something, so that wasn't going to happen. It did look nice tho.

ZaraW Wed 12-Jul-17 05:44:48

Mine is really nice and looks good. 70% off in the J Crew sale.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: