Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

John Lewis style day

(6 Posts)
PhyllisWig Mon 10-Jul-17 08:07:14

Or couple of hours or whatever it is.

Worth it? I've lost a lot of weight now, have a fairly tricky figure to dress (short soft hour glass with tummy and slightly less than perky boobs) and have no sense of my own style.

Am early 40s, management in a professional role but fundamentally a scruffy indie kid. I dont do heels and struggle to put outfits together effectively.

Will they try to put me in wall to wall Hobbs? Or précis petite? I've had my colours done a few years ago (paintbox spring) but still struggle with getting this right.

It's 125 quid I think so not keen on investing if it's rubbish (it would be the Bristol cribs store btw).

Colourmylife1 Mon 10-Jul-17 13:55:09

In my opinion it depends 100% on who the stylist is. Some are great, and 'get' what you're looking for- some not so. Try and get recommendations if you can.

I have had good experiences in the past but most recently despite me being very clear that I can't not wear viscose (I immediately over-heat) the stylist tried to insist I would be fine if I just wore a cotton cami underneath. Er... no, I won't. It was a complete waste of my time.

Colourmylife1 Mon 10-Jul-17 13:56:13

Sorry 'I can't wear viscose, not ''I can't not wear viscose'!

Liiinoo Mon 10-Jul-17 16:35:23

I've not heard of paying for a JL shopper. I had a two hour session last week and it was free (apart from the £500 I spent).

Colourmylife1 Mon 10-Jul-17 19:08:43

They have three options available one of which is chargeable but redeemable against purchases. Maybe try a free session first then you have lost nothing except time.

PhyllisWig Mon 10-Jul-17 21:37:09

Thanks for the replies. I may try the standard personal shopper service and see how I get on, that's a good plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now