Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! Need a fundation for very oily skin

(25 Posts)
LilaBard Sun 09-Jul-17 12:18:43

I am pretty hopeless with make up and have really only started wearing more than mascara in recent years.

Day to day I wear hylamide matte 12, Bare Minerals Prime Time BB with a dusting of their matte mineral veil over the top, which lasts about 1/2 a day and then starts to break up badly on my T-zone. But I'm about to start a new job and want to look a little more polished.

So I'm after:
Liquid foundation
Lasts on really oily skin
Good shade range as I'm very pale (Irish complexion and pasty with it - 1.0/1.2 in the ordinary)
Maybe a good setting powder to help lock it in place?
Cheapish/high street prices as I don't have a lot of spare cash atm.

Any recommendations?

LilaBard Sun 09-Jul-17 12:19:26

Ah ffs MN please sort out this app and it's paragraph destroying ways!

OldJoseph Sun 09-Jul-17 12:38:02

Revlon colorstay for oily skin might be worth a try. Not sure about powder options.

MrsDoylesTeabags Sun 09-Jul-17 12:53:44

Revlon colorstay for oily skin gives good coverage.
I also like Maybelline fit me matte & poreless for medium coverage.

LilaBard Sun 09-Jul-17 13:23:01

Thank you ladies! I feel like I've tried every foundation under the sun but never tried that somehow. I will take a trip into town tomorrow to see if I can get a shade match. Fingers crossed!

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 13:33:31

Are you in Ireland op?

LilaBard Sun 09-Jul-17 13:38:37

myheart I am in Northern Ireland smile

Ollivander84 Sun 09-Jul-17 13:40:53

How about a setting spray? I use L'Oréal infallible, it's fairly cheap. You HAVE to shake it well before you spray otherwise you get white bits apparently

Ollivander84 Sun 09-Jul-17 13:41:54

I'm 1.0 in TO, and have revlon colour stay in Ivory if that helps

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 13:43:57

I'm gonna post a pic of my foundation as I struggled just like you. Two ticks.....

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 13:52:57

Hope this works....

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 13:54:35

Op this is lovely stuff and cheap as chips. I'm mad about make up and was so impressed with this product. Believe me when I tell you I've wasted a fortune trying to find the right colour.

I could a pic of myself with this on if that helps.

buggerthebotox Sun 09-Jul-17 13:56:37

Do you use powder? I used to have the same problem and I used a very light loose powder over ( nothing fancy, just Rimmel or similar).

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 13:59:37

If you have very oily skin powder can only do so much

LilaBard Sun 09-Jul-17 14:03:29

myheart thank you so much! I see there are a couple of stockists not to far from me so I will definitely give that a try!

bugger yes I use powder most days and it does help a little.

I know with my skin type I'm unlikely to get anything that will last a full day, but I'd like something that lasts reasonably well and doesn't go patchy when I have to blot

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 14:07:10

Give it a go op, I love it!

Might help you also to use a primer instead of moisturising. I do this and it helps massively.

buggerthebotox Sun 09-Jul-17 15:45:19

I went through a phase of using Nanoblur as a primer with minimum foundation, perhaps just a bit of concealer instead. With a bit of powder I found my face lasted much longer.

I've just been testing the Revlon oil free-seems good.

Halfpastthelegofmyshirt Sun 09-Jul-17 17:01:18

I put on my powder first, then No.7 beautifully matt in the palest shade. It lasts reasonably well on my t-zone and I then blot with boots skin clear blotting sheets as necessary.

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 18:24:54

Op you can't beat good old fashioned toilet or kitchen roll for blotting.

fredabear Sun 09-Jul-17 18:29:46

I like this which I realise isn't liquid, but does the job well

GoldenWorld Sun 09-Jul-17 18:35:27

Estée Lauder double wear is by far the best liquid foundation I've ever used. I tried revlon colour stay recently but I still looked really oily. The double wear has a colour called shell which is super pale so should be fine for you.

GoldenWorld Sun 09-Jul-17 18:37:40

Ah the only problem is Estée Lauder is pretty expensive but it's worth it for me.

Buddyelf Sun 09-Jul-17 20:11:50

Again a bit pricey but Clinique foundation is great, and they have different ones for different skin. I get one for my really dry skin. If you go in to a counter they'll do a little consultation with you and see what works best

QueenofBlah Sun 09-Jul-17 20:23:56

Don't buy Ester Lauder without getting a sample first - they're usually give pretty generously sized ones away. I've got incredibly oily skin and find that difficult to blend in because it's so thick.
I'm watching with interest as I find it difficult to get a decent coverage that doesn't go shiny after a couple of hours. I have had some success recently with Avene cleanance mat mattifying toner.

Plockplock Sun 09-Jul-17 22:44:05

I've tried Estee Lauder Doublewear and Doublewear light and didn't really like them and their palest shade is a bit too dark for me, even in the summer. Shiseido Synchro Skin is the best I've found, and I've tried a lot, and its lightest shade is a good match for me. Max Factor's Facefinity is also quite decent for oily skin. With all foundations I have to blot at least once a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now