Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which beauty counter makeover should I book for my DD as a treat?

(23 Posts)
bigTillyMint Sun 09-Jul-17 10:27:23

DD turns 18 soon and I thought we could go for beauty makeovers together. I have been to Laura Mercier a few times and they are always great but where would be good (and affordable!) for DD?
She doesnt wear a huge amount of makeup during the day, but does for clubbing/parties, etc.

mollibu Sun 09-Jul-17 10:37:21

Charlotte Tillbury or Bobbi Brown definitely!

ememem84 Sun 09-Jul-17 10:42:23

Not benefit.

I'd also avoid Mac. Bobbi brown would be my choice

Auspiciouspanda Sun 09-Jul-17 10:43:06

I would say urban decay or Mac would be more affordable out of the high end beauty counters. I prefer the makeovers at urban decay over Mac though.

bigTillyMint Sun 09-Jul-17 13:14:33

Thanks! I was wondering about Bobbi Brown.

justanotheryoungmother Sun 09-Jul-17 13:47:59

Charlotte Tillbury will be expensive if you want to buy any products after.

I'm 19 and personally, I'd love it at either a MAC, Urban Decay or a Bobbie Brown counter smile

I would definitely stay away from Benefit (speaking from personal experience and other posters experience).

I hope you both enjoy, I'm very jealous grin

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 09-Jul-17 13:50:05

DD 19 is a Mac fan also. Not the cheapest, but she likes it smile

OutComeTheWolves Sun 09-Jul-17 13:56:10

I wonder if I depends where you go given a previous comment, but I I've always had really positive experiences at Mac. I was bought a make up lesson there once years ago & now always go back if I want my make up done for a special occasion.

Worst I ever had was Benefit. Wouldn't recommend at all!

SwedishEdith Sun 09-Jul-17 14:03:02

Mac seems to be the make up brand of choice for late teens/early 20s.

Fairylea Sun 09-Jul-17 16:54:51

She would probably prefer mac.

bigTillyMint Sun 09-Jul-17 17:05:23

She did buy some Mac stuff on a shopping trip once so maybe that would be a better bet - not sure she has ever bought any Bobbi Brown.

I once got my eyebrows done at a Benefit counter. I am very natural blonde and I looked like I had two black slugs on my forehead. And it wasnt even in Liverpool grin #scousebrows

HunterHearstHelmsley Sun 09-Jul-17 17:08:32

Benefit ask which colour you want...

I like Bobbi Brown but at that age I would say Mac.

geologyrocks Sun 09-Jul-17 17:09:53

I always go to inglot for my makeup

troodiedoo Sun 09-Jul-17 17:10:43

I would say urban decay.

Thinkingofausername1 Sun 09-Jul-17 18:44:54

Estee launder or Clinique
Not benefit
I recently wasted money on a concealer that wouldn't absorb into my skin even with moisturiser. Was so disappointed

FitbitAddict Sun 09-Jul-17 19:20:53

Bobbi Brown is free, not sure about the others.

domesticslattern Sun 09-Jul-17 19:29:26

Mac for an 18 year old.
Bobbi Brown for yourself!

Skinfulnappies46 Sun 09-Jul-17 19:32:06

Def Mac!

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Sun 09-Jul-17 19:34:29

Just asked dd (19)and she said Mac, urban decay or nyx (not sure if they do them) then she remembered the Mac one when she ended up looking like a Vegas showgirl.

bigTillyMint Sun 09-Jul-17 19:41:21

grin at Vegas showgirl!

I think when you pay, it can be claimed back against whatever you buy?

StayGoldPonyBoy Sun 09-Jul-17 19:48:10

Bobbi Brown are probably best. I like and buy mac makeup but I'd never get a makeover done there ever again. Seconding the vegas showgirl incident grin would definitely be too OTT if your DD doesn't wear much makeup Day to day

IncidentalAnarchist Sun 09-Jul-17 19:57:00

Absolutely urban decay.
Their naked range is brilliant for everyday, but they also have amazing colours and glitter items for a night time look. I've also had makeovers done there, and the artists have been friendly, helpful and not sales pushy at all

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Sun 09-Jul-17 19:59:40

Another vote for urban decay! I've been very impressed in particular with their naked palettes, the colour is vibrant and stays put!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now