Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a Mascara that Doesn't Run

(18 Posts)
stargazer2030 Sun 09-Jul-17 07:35:49

As I have got older (and have slightly more laughter lines) every mascara I try seems to run so I have panda eyes after a couple of hours. I have started wearing a waterproof one but they don't seem to give any lash thickening effect and is a pain to fully remove even with a decent eye make up remover.
I used to love Max Factor but have tried everything, all of them leave dark marks after a while. I always pass the rejects onto the kids who don't have the same problem so it must be me. Their favourite is benefit which gets good reviews but both ones I tried smudged/ran after a while.
Has anyone else had this and can anyone recommend anything?

GladitsFfriday Sun 09-Jul-17 07:42:29

Try No 7 Stay Perfect Mascara. Once this has dried it won't smudge. To remove you just use a cloth with warm water and then the mascara will gently lift away from the lashes.

LindyHemming Sun 09-Jul-17 08:20:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

itstheyearzero Sun 09-Jul-17 09:58:25

Yep, the No 7 Stay Perfect one is the bees knees!

Nicketynac Sun 09-Jul-17 10:03:28

I find the tubing ones flake off by the afternoon. I look for smudgeproof rather than waterproof and am currently using LOreal Volume Millions. It isn't the best one I have used in terms of volume and length but it doesn't smudge and comes off with eye make up remover or a cleansing balm/ oil.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 09-Jul-17 10:08:00

I really wasn't impressed by the gold tubed No7 mascara, so natural looking I might as well have not bothered and it sort of pinched my eye lashes so they felt really uncomfortable.

No7 extreme length waterproof doesn't move at all and No7 Intense Volume waterproof is fantastic too. Both are super easy to remove but I can cry,swim,wear them all day with bad hay fever.

Unicorn81 Sun 09-Jul-17 11:31:26

Another vote forno7 waterproof

leadrightfoot Sun 09-Jul-17 15:43:36

Lancôme doll eyes or baby doll eyes can't quite remember now it s your friend if No7 irritates your eyes as it does mine

ShovingLeopard Sun 09-Jul-17 15:47:31

I have this! Deep-set eyes and oily skin with long eyelashes make this an issue for me. I have found Tarte Tarteist with the primer works best. The primer seemed like an unnecessary extra step, but it really helps, and also dramatically cuts down the amount of mascara you need to use, so actually saves money.

GhostCurry Sun 09-Jul-17 18:12:51

Tubing mascara is the only one that works for me now. Using the double wear one now but I have heard good things about Blinc - I think that is tubing, could be misremembering.
It does get clumpy by evening though, and I spend the evening pulling it off my lashes if I'm not careful.

stargazer2030 Mon 10-Jul-17 07:19:11

Thanks for the recommendations. Have never heard of tubing mascara but will give it a go. Yesterday was a nightmare - I don't know if the heat makes it worse. I have very fair/ fine lashes so have to use something.
I don't know why this happens - seems to be an age thing but not sure why.

Branleuse Mon 10-Jul-17 07:23:44

No7 mascara is really good. I'm prone to panda eyes with most mascara but been fine with all of the no7 ones I've tried. I really like the one in the red sparkly tube

Hepzibar Mon 10-Jul-17 07:24:45

I am exactly like you and have tried all the various recommendations from these boards.
Honestly the only one which works for me is Clinique's Lash Power/ Power Lash.

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Mon 10-Jul-17 12:20:20

This mascara never runs or smudges on me. I take my DD swimming weekly and whilst I don't dunk my head under my face does get wet and it's still in place. I also recently wore it of an evening on holiday and it survived the heat, sweat and humidity. It's much better than any of the more expensive mascaras that I've tried and I prefer it to those of a similar price point (maybelline, max factor, boots no 7 etc - I've tried a shit load of different mascaras over the years grin) This one doesn't make my eyes water like some have in the past.

They also do a waterproof version but I haven't tried that one.

www.boots.com/bourjois-volume-1-seconde-mascara-10173505

helenfagain Mon 10-Jul-17 12:30:05

Max factor masterpiece waterproof

Fuckalella Mon 10-Jul-17 12:32:25

I recommend L'Oréal beauty tubes (red one), no smudging, even in the heat. Not for swimming though as it comes off in clumps when wet!

Ollivander84 Mon 10-Jul-17 12:34:42

Heroine long and curl mascara off eBay
Here's the Reddit review below. I did a PT session, sweated like mad, fell asleep face down for an hour and then drenched my face while washing my hair. That shit was not for moving 😂😂

The regular version is bulletproof. It is immortal. It laughs at your feeble cleansing oil. Water and pressure only made it stronger. I had to break out my asian eye makeup remover to get it off my hand, and even then it took two rounds of it and a foam cleanser. I tried to remove it with my western cleansing oil and it ate it and asked for seconds. It would be my mascara of choice for a marathon viewing of Schindler's List followed by Bambi and Titanic. If the end of the world came, all that would be left is dust, Keith Richards, and Heroine Make Long and Curl regular Mascara. I can't imagine what the Super Waterproof is like, and I'm honestly afraid to try.

onlyconnect Mon 10-Jul-17 12:38:44

Barry M waterproof is really good. I was similar to you but found this doesn't budge. Unfortunately the one I had was discontinued but I believe they've brought out another waterproof one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now