Talk

Advanced search

trousers for a young teen girl to wear to a wedding

(8 Posts)
drinkingtea Sat 08-Jul-17 11:43:13

She's actually 12 but at that stage of being in some children's clothes and some adult size 8s. She's only about 5 ft nothing and not got an adult woman's figure yet, if that's relevant to trousers (matters more for tops/ dresses).

We have a wedding to go to and she doesn't normally wear dresses or skirts and doesn't want to. Her grandmother has bought her a mini-me (as in mini grandma) outfit which is basically a skirt suit! It really is a bit odd one 12 year old and she got upset yesterday about having to wear it. We thought perhaps she can combine the jacket with trousers and a smart top...

Any ideas for wedding suitable trousers for a petite size 8 of this age? Or from a teen range?

I thought Capri pants but the ones I've found have been too informal and beachy.

Wedding is one of those supposedly low key but not really ones...

viques Sat 08-Jul-17 11:49:59

I don't see a problem with Capri pants. Choose ones in a plain colour, not a print , and top with a pretty top. As long as she doesn't wear flip flops and a baseball cap it won't look beachy ( or indeed brachytherapy as auto correct suggested)

yikesanotherbooboo Sat 08-Jul-17 11:59:53

I was in London this week( get me!) and lots of girls and young women were looking very smart in tight fitting Capri pants. They usually seem to have a small repeat pattern and be in strong colours . Something like that with a smart top could fit your bill.

Lucked Sat 08-Jul-17 12:01:53

These are pricey but come in petite and small sizes br

NC4now Sat 08-Jul-17 12:06:43

What about these in pink?
trousers

drinkingtea Sat 08-Jul-17 13:32:19

Ah this is really useful - I think we were going well in being drawn to what used to be called culotte styles, because Grandma might not initially notice she wasn't wearing a skirt grin The wide legged ones we saw were all kind of Indonesian rough cotton patterned fabric - nice casual holiday trousers but probably a step too far into casual wear to satisfy the family wedding wear police...

Both the Capri pants and the narrow smart trousers linked look like good options to me. Tight fitting is clearly the best idea, and as long as they aren't denim or leggings we'll hopefully find a good compromise. I'm tempted to other both linked options for her to try. The banana republic ones are more likely to get repeat wear after the wedding so might be the best buy despite the price.

drinkingtea Sat 08-Jul-17 13:32:49

Going *wrong not well

NC4now Sat 08-Jul-17 14:44:10

You can get smarter style wide crops, if that's what you're drawn to.

These come in a few colours. I love the dark pink ones but the lighter pink or lilac ones would be wedding-y too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now