Talk

Advanced search

Help make this outfit formal

(5 Posts)
user1457213512 Sat 08-Jul-17 09:37:56

I want to get this dress to wear to a wedding - .https://joanieclothing.com/product/bonnie-blue-frill-tea-dress/ I'm aware it's probably a little bit casual for a wedding however I'm hoping I'll be able to 'posh' it up a little bit. I've been searching for ages and it's the only dress I can find that I like, know I'd feel comfortable in and would suit my body shape.

So does anybody have any ideas of how I can make this a little more formal please? I really love it so would like to wear it if possible. I don't really wear heels so shoe wise I'd be looking at some pretty sandals. Accessory wise I was thinking pale pink? Any ideas appreciated smile thanks!

Ps definitely not advertising (I've seen a few other threads on here with links to the website) despite username title, I've just no idea how to change my username.

user1457213512 Sat 08-Jul-17 09:38:13

Sorry link didn't work
joanieclothing.com/product/bonnie-blue-frill-tea-dress/

Yewtown Sat 08-Jul-17 12:09:06

Lovely dress but it needs silver to make it look more formal.
Sandals like this www.amazon.co.uk/Sibba-Womens-Sandals-Wedding-Summer/dp/B06Y57DVWD/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1499511839&sr=8-3&keywords=Silver+sandals&tag=mumsnetforum-21
A silver clutch and replace the belt with silver.
I thinks it needs pale colours with it

SesameSparkle Sat 08-Jul-17 14:45:37

I would create a bit more contrast by pairing with a stronger colour, like fushia shoes and belt, and then adding a complementary pale pink or purple clutch.

user1457213512 Sun 09-Jul-17 17:17:15

Ah great, thanks for the ideas both smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now