Talk

Advanced search

Another help me find that dress thread

(8 Posts)
papersmile Fri 07-Jul-17 21:13:49

I saw an older lady wearing a light orange dress with a black and white fan design on it. It had long sleeves. The design looked really familiar but I can't place it.

She looked amazing. Have you got any ideas what dress/material this was?

papersmile Fri 07-Jul-17 21:40:20

It was like a nicer version of this: www.johnlewis.com/warehouse-floating-floral-blouse-orange/p3198187

mrssmiling Fri 07-Jul-17 23:14:37

M&S have a long sleeved orange dress www.marksandspencer.com/diamond-print-shirt-dress-with-belt/p/p22499080?image=SD_01_T42_2165_P4_X_EC_90&color=ORANGEMIX&prevPage=plp

papersmile Sat 08-Jul-17 07:42:51

Thank you mrssmiling. It was paler orange and it to me it looked like a well known design - or at least one I've seen before, but I can't place it, I've been googling like mad.
There were no other colours, just pale orange, black and white.

Thank you for trying though

toejamfootball Sat 08-Jul-17 09:05:27

So it is not the dress version of the warehouse blouse that you linked to?

Selfridges pic makes it look paler

Were the fans random like this, or regular like an art deco fabric? Have also been having a good old google, including marimekko and liberty fabrics etc. but there is nothing that jumps out. Have found some lovely dresses, though, from brands I'd never heard of before like:

Nancy Mac

and

Part Two from Denmark

Good luck!

livefrommysofa Sat 08-Jul-17 09:17:41

I have this one which sounds similar to your description

papersmile Sat 08-Jul-17 11:25:49

Thanks all for answering. They were Art Deco fans in a repeating pattern. They were larger and further apart that the ones on your dress (which is very nice by the way).
I'm on my phone at the moment but I will look at liberty material this eve - thanks for the tip.
I really should have asked. Lesson learnt. She was an older lady (60s?) and she looked fabulous.
Sorry I'm on the ap and I can't see who posted what, so thank you for taking the time to answer

AGapInTheMarket Sat 08-Jul-17 11:59:18

Found this one by googling.
http://www.sisteronline.co.uk/new-in-c67/masai-glenvor-cowl-neck-a-shape-tunic-in-fan-print-in-khaki-marigold-black-p20165
It's nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now