Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bra for hot weather

(9 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Fri 07-Jul-17 00:15:16

It's horribly hot and sticky and will be worse when I go on holiday.

I'm currently planning to wear sports bras for the duration of the hot weather as they're designed to be sweated into (sorry) - is this reasonable or will I be kissing goodbye to any potentially stylish look?

M5tothesouthwest Sat 08-Jul-17 07:07:01

My sports bra gives me a bit of a 'mono-boob' look so I'd only wear one for exercise.

PosiePootlePerkins Sat 08-Jul-17 07:45:13

I wear M&S non wired bras in the hot weather, I cannot bear wires digging into me in the heat. They are not very attractive and still need washing every couple of days but they are soft and forgiving of my lumps and bumps!

momdancing Sat 08-Jul-17 07:51:51

I rate Decathlon for nicely shaped, inexpensive sports bras that don't cost the earth. They look ok too. I wear them on really hot days as I hate wires and having to wash my "good" bras all the time. It's a good thing athleisure wear is having a moment 🏃

KimchiLaLa Sun 09-Jul-17 04:53:10

I wear underwired bikinis if it's that hot. They are also designed to be absorbent...

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 09-Jul-17 14:40:34

Thanks all - I think it's a combination of not wanting wires digging in and feeling sweaty in usual bra fabric, but can't do normal non-underwired as need plenty of support.

Will check out decathlon smile

LockedOutOfMN Sun 09-Jul-17 15:58:51

I live in Spain and work in a school without air conditioning so I've been in lace "crop top" styles without underwire since the summer weather began last month. They're so comfy! If you can't wear these, OP, I suggest a sports bra (I like M and S ones) or a bikini top. Hope you can find a solution!

LockedOutOfMN Sun 09-Jul-17 15:59:22

(The lace ones are from New Look and very cheap).

0utForAWalkBitch Sun 09-Jul-17 21:42:49

I'm living in my bravado nursing bras, perfect for this weather. I am breastfeeding so may be biased!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now