Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone with piercings advise? Nose bump.

(27 Posts)
EarlessToothlessVagabond Thu 06-Jul-17 23:09:54

Had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago and it was healing well. I accidentally bumped it/ partially pulled it out about 2 weeks ago and since then have had a small bump next to the stud that. Will. Not. Go. Away. I'm cleaning it religiously twice a day with salty water. It seems to have days where it gets a bit bigger and then deflates again hmm. I'm so tempted to try and pop it and see if that helps but guessing that would be a bad bad idea. What else can I do or has anyone else had This? Tia!

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 07-Jul-17 00:14:01

I'd go and see your piercer. You should be having a check up around 6 weeks anyway? They can advise you best. Many bumps calm down, but some can end up as granulomas or take months to settle. I had a dodgy forward helix that developed a lump. It took about 18 months to fix, my piercer (who didn't do that one) thought it would never look right, a change in earring was the thing that finally worked.

lalalandxx Fri 07-Jul-17 00:23:58

Tea Tree oil!

Worked for me when I had the same thing on my cartilage piercing.

Tootsiepops Fri 07-Jul-17 00:36:46

I popped mine grin

I didn't know this was a common problem when I got my nose pierced, so I just assumed it was a spot.

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 07-Jul-17 09:01:31

Thanks both. I've read mixed reports on using tea tree oil but I will give it a go (well diluted). Annoying bloody bump!

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 07-Jul-17 09:02:37

Sorry thanks to Grim too. At the moment the lump is actually really small so will give tea tree a go first and then go back to piercer.

Hullabaloo31 Fri 07-Jul-17 09:57:09

Tea tree oil from me too!

I had bumps on a daith after sleeping on it and popped back to see my piercer, she gave me tea tree oil and it fixed it in no time.

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 07-Jul-17 11:38:37

OK I've got some tea tree oil. Thanks everyone.

Ginkypig Fri 07-Jul-17 18:00:46

I left mine alone for bloody ages thinking it would eventually go away but in the end (weeks later) I'd had enough and I popped it, it healed within a few days and never came back I wish I'd done it ages before!

im in no way in a position to offer advice though so I wouldn't tell you to copy me

Ginkypig Fri 07-Jul-17 18:01:16

Sorry should have said with a sterilised needle

pinkyredrose Fri 07-Jul-17 18:02:48

How did you have it pierced?

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 07-Jul-17 18:06:09

It's tempting Ginky. I'll give tea tree a go first.
It was with a needle pinky, at piercing place.

DoggoslothladyA Fri 07-Jul-17 18:14:20

Stop cleaning it so much, the bump is there because the piercing has been moved so the more you are cleaning it the worse you will make it. I suggest using saline solution, every now and then when you feel it needs it.
Please don't use tea tree oil neat. Use it mixed with a carrier oil.
You can also use a camomile tea bag to soothe.

user1497695727 Fri 07-Jul-17 18:21:24

Mine did exactly the same I found making a solution of salt water and boiling water, adding a bit of cold water and then soaking a cotton wool pad and holding it over the piercing really worked. I tried to do this more than one time a day but wasn't always able to and the bump went after about a week. I think there's a cream you can get as well but mine disappeared with the salt water solution

JesusTapdancingChrist Sat 28-Oct-17 20:28:21

@EarlessToothlessVagabond sorry to bump an old thread but just wondered if this cleared up for you?

Am two weeks post nose piercing and have a bump on mine which is oozing pus. Really panicking that it's never going to go away 😩. Am doing salt water compresses but it doesn't appear to be doing much (yet?).

fuckinguseless Wed 01-Nov-17 13:32:32

Oh I’m in the same situation! I have a tiny bump on my nose stud. I only had it done about three weeks ago. It’s so fucking annoying; I’m doing salt soaks but have also dabbed a little cortisone cream on it which seems to be calming it a little.

JesusTapdancingChrist Wed 01-Nov-17 14:12:21

Sorry to hear that @fuckinguseless sad. These bumps must be really common.

I've been using Dettol (diluted and dabbed onto bump with cotton bud morning and night) on mine for the last few days and it's helping massively. I have a first date tomorrow night so would really rather the crusty bit fell off before then 😂.

Hard to imagine my nose will ever look normal/nice at this point sad.

fuckinguseless Wed 01-Nov-17 17:07:05

Oh really? Thanks for that, that is helpful. If the cortisone doesn’t ease mine then I will give that a go. They do seem incredibly common; I wonder why?

Luckily my nose stud is pretty much hiding mine at the moment. I want it to heal so I can swap it for a ring though angry

JesusTapdancingChrist Wed 01-Nov-17 17:14:24

I had mine done 2 and a half weeks ago so around the same time as you. I have a ring (had it pierced with one, industrial grade titanium so meant to be the best metal for sensitive skin). Love how it looks but the unsightly crusty lump at the top of it it kinda spoiling the effect hmm.

Just a bit gutted as I did everything according to my piercers advice. Have been super careful not to bump it/pull it. Haven't been messing with the hoop etc. And still have this monstrosity sad.

Will update tomorrow.

0utForAWalkBitch Wed 01-Nov-17 18:42:59

I had mine done last year and had this - I found a hot salt soak worked. I boiled a kettle and filled up an espresso cup with water and Malden salt, then as soon as it was bearable sat there with my nose in it for a few mins. Glam it was not. But it worked.

JesusTapdancingChrist Wed 01-Nov-17 18:51:31

How long did it take to clear up 0ut? And has it completely gone now?

0utForAWalkBitch Wed 01-Nov-17 19:00:35

A few days to clear up, but beware - it came back when I stopped each time - to finally get rid prob did it every day til it cleared up then every other day or so to prevent it coming back for a month or so. I remember seeing your pic when you got it done, it really suits you! I've been trying to find a ring I like but haven't found one I think suits me yet!

fuckinguseless Wed 01-Nov-17 21:47:05

@JesusTapdancingChrist I’ve been so diligent too. It’s immensely frustrating.

@out thank you for that info. I’m going to give that a go.

TheTroutofNoCraic Thu 02-Nov-17 12:50:21

Crush an aspirin up, add a few drops of water to make a thick paste and apply every night. Works a treat on enormous spots too.
It was the only thing that worked on the persistent cartilage bumps on my scaffold piercing

fuckinguseless Thu 02-Nov-17 13:04:23

I’ve tried that, @TheTroutofNoCraic. It looked tres attractive grin How long did you do it for before you noticed an improvement, if you don’t mind me asking?

(@JesusTapdancingChrist my apologies for gate crashing your thread flowers)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now