Talk

Advanced search

What are Mumsnetters buying this week? Find out with our weekly Swears By email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Swears By

Please enter a valid email address

Slim fit, professional looking trousers?

(10 Posts)
Fujexi Thu 06-Jul-17 20:03:52

Hi all, being a previous skinny jeans wearer at work (outdoor based, slightly more casual role) I have now moved to a more 'professional' role (indoor based, clientele facing!), and I want to smarten up my work wardrobe to suit. I'm thinking along the lines of tailored looking slim fit trousers/chinos. I have never in my life shopped for something like that though -
where do I even look?! Prepared to spend reasonable amount on something that will look smart and last.
Also shirt-type tops - any handy resources?!

Fujexi Thu 06-Jul-17 20:05:28

I should add that I don't want any super skinny trousers - am I right that a slim fitting/figure skimming style would be better? I'm a size 10, 5'5" if that makes any difference!

xrayyankeezulu Thu 06-Jul-17 20:14:06

I live my working life in gap skinny ankle pants & their cigarette pants, loads of colours & patterns to chose from, wash really well & good value at around £35/£40. Tops I just tend to get from primark or H&M

carrie74 Thu 06-Jul-17 20:27:07

Cos always have perfect slim fitting trousers which are well cut and in a good material which don't bag at the knees or bum.

Also Banana Republic do them - loads of different colours and patterns, and I think better material than Gap (same company). Or J Crew, but I don't honk their quality is any better than BR for much more spends.

Lucked Thu 06-Jul-17 20:44:52

As above. Also Boden Richmond trousers although they aren't as nice as the bistro ones they used to do.

LockedOutOfMN Thu 06-Jul-17 20:46:11

ink{https://m.zara.com/uk/en/collection-aw-17/woman/trousers/stretch-waist-skinny-trousers-c0p4908449.html\m.zara.com/uk/en/collection-aw-17/woman/trousers/stretch-waist-skinny-trousers-c0p4908449.htm]]l}

I second Cos too.

LockedOutOfMN Thu 06-Jul-17 20:46:26

Sorry, link fail.

MozzchopsThirty Thu 06-Jul-17 20:53:23

I live in uniqlo for work
Washes well, cheap but doesn't look it, nice slim pants

Itsnothingoriginal Thu 06-Jul-17 21:02:40

Tried loads of expensive pairs on to no avail until I found Matalan capri trousers which are fantastic! They wash well, cheap and a great fit.

bagelbaby Fri 07-Jul-17 08:17:10

My Go To brands are Jigsaw (sale!), Hobbs and some of the interesting brands on the John Lewis loved& found section. Just bought some fab Samsoe & Samsoe from there at half price.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: