Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Clinique Flutter to Full Mascara - Heeeelp!

(18 Posts)
Morecoffeeurgently Tue 04-Jul-17 21:04:19

Bought this today on the strength of the thread about long-lasting tubing mascaras. It seems great. Any tips for getting it off. It took an age to remove first with warm water on cotton pad, then gently with microfibre flannel, then with eye make-up removing oil! My eyes look bleugh after all that removing work. Thanks.

LindyHemming Tue 04-Jul-17 23:05:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Morecoffeeurgently Tue 04-Jul-17 23:18:19

Thanks Euphemia. I did that bit it took loads of soaked cotton pads for it to come off. On plus side I have high hopes for its non-smudging properties if it's this tenacious!

Ollivander84 Tue 04-Jul-17 23:20:02

I've ordered a mascara and found this review on Reddit. I may need to follow this thread for tips grin

"The regular version is bulletproof. It is immortal. It laughs at your feeble cleansing oil. Water and pressure only made it stronger. I had to break out my asian eye makeup remover to get it off my hand, and even then it took two rounds of it and a foam cleanser. I tried to remove it with my western cleansing oil and it ate it and asked for seconds. It would be my mascara of choice for a marathon viewing of Schindler's List followed by Bambi and Titanic. If the end of the world came, all that would be left is dust, Keith Richards, and Heroine Make Long and Curl regular Mascara. I can't imagine what the Super Waterproof is like, and I'm honestly afraid to try."

Morecoffeeurgently Tue 04-Jul-17 23:23:39

Ollivander is that a review for the Flutter to Full jobby? Dear Lord! At least it's not just me being so feeble I can't remove mascara. Starting to wonder if this was a wise make up choice or the height of madness!

Ollivander84 Tue 04-Jul-17 23:25:52

It's actually for a Korean mascara I've ordered but it sounds like the Clinique one may be similar! I've now noticed they sell a special remover for the Korean one... I'll be back posting once I've worn it grin

Toriali Wed 05-Jul-17 07:18:11

Haha that review is funny.

I use this mascara because it washes off without makeup remover. Even though I think it doesn't create as thick and dark as other mascaras.

Wash off the mascara with warm water...at least 40 degree...it just rinses off.

TittyGolightly Wed 05-Jul-17 07:25:14

I wash it off in the shower. Never had any issues!

ThinkFastNotSlow Wed 05-Jul-17 08:28:23

I have a Clinique mascara (crap at remembering product names) it might be the same one because it's also a bugger to remove. Water just leaves me with black smears all over my cheeks, which I then use make up remover to take off. Some times a flannel with warm water to wipe up any mascara remnants afterwards too.

I also use a Heroine eye liner - love it, doesn't budge or smudge ever. @Ollivander84 please report back on that mascara smile

TittyGolightly Wed 05-Jul-17 08:58:17

Tube mascara doesn't smear. It slides off looking like spider legs

Morecoffeeurgently Wed 05-Jul-17 10:25:13

I've used blinc and other tubing mascaras and never had any trouble removing them with warm water and a cotton pad. But this stuff, this is industrial strength mascara!

Ollivander84 Wed 05-Jul-17 15:24:58

My mascara has just arrived in the post. I will report back tomorrow grin

FreeButtonBee Wed 05-Jul-17 15:59:58

You really need to soak your lashes in water so cotton pads probably won't cut it. I would splash repeatedly with warm water then use a heavily soaked flannel, one that is absolutely sopping with water, to really soak the tubes and gently wipe away. Cotton pad for any final bits.

I am a slattern and wash it off in the shower in the morning <runs away>

Morecoffeeurgently Wed 05-Jul-17 17:53:26

FreeButtonBee When I got in this afternoon I got a flannel hot but not too hot and just held it against my eyes for about a minute. That really helped. Still took a good few goes to get it off AND some cotton pads to finish. On the VERY plus side it did NOT smudge at all during the day smile And everything up to now has smudged as I have deep set eyes and oily lids. Was despairing of ever finding a mascara that stayed put. Thanks to MN I now have one with the tenacity of the glue they use to close wounds up in A&E.

Ollivander yes please do report back. Good luck!

JDSTER Wed 05-Jul-17 19:06:41

morecoffee I have exactly the same problem with the Clinique mascara. I posted on here a while ago about it. I find it makes me shed eyelashes every time I take it off. I mentioned that in my post and someone replied saying it wasn't my eyelashes it was the little tubes hmm I think I know the difference grin. Anyway, I still haven't cracked it. I do like the brush and look of the mascara on the eyes but I won't wear it everyday because of the difficulty removing it

Morecoffeeurgently Wed 05-Jul-17 20:47:40

JDSTER i can see what you mean about not wearing it everyday. It's a mammoth job getting the bloody stuff off again that I can see that putting me off wearing it as often as id like. No eyelashes have come out but this is first day I've worn it all day. I've tried soooo many mascaras including tubing ones and have never come across one as stubborn as this.

namechange20050 Wed 05-Jul-17 20:51:45

I'm on my third tube. I splash my face with warm water, wait 30 seconds or so and then use my fingers to gently pull it off under running water. Comes off completely, doesn't take any lasheds with it.

Morecoffeeurgently Wed 05-Jul-17 20:54:48

namechange thanks. Will try that tomorrow. And good to know you still have eyelashes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: