Talk

Advanced search

Protector Spray on Handbag

(9 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 04-Jul-17 13:32:19

I've a blue leather handbag that I haven't yet used. I am afraid of it getting marked so was hoping to use some kind of stain protection on it.

Would it be ok to use the protector spray I normally use on shoes (it's a Punch product which just specifies use on shoes)? Has anyone else done this or is there a spray for bags?

TIA.

LambChopsMcGee Tue 04-Jul-17 14:54:58

I clicked on this as I thought you might be looking for the same sort of product as I am -- I have a (not new) brown slouchy bag which I've found marks my clothes quite badly, especially in hot sweaty weather. I was looking for a spray to protect it and keep the colour from rubbing off.

Maybe someone can help us both!

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 04-Jul-17 20:15:26

Hopeful bump for evening crowd.

Featherstep Tue 04-Jul-17 21:19:30

I was just thinking of this exact question today! I got a burgundy leather bag recently and only discovered today the straps are rubbing dark red colour off on my clothes and hands angry
It's Whistles and granted I did get it second hand but you wouldn't think that a £200 leather bag would rub dye off would you?!
Please could someone help?

Scoose Tue 04-Jul-17 21:23:34

I use collonil spray on my leather bags after my mum recommended it this

Lambzig Tue 04-Jul-17 21:24:52

Second for collonil. Mulberry recommended it to me for treating their bags.

Scoose Tue 04-Jul-17 21:31:00

I have used it on my mulberrys too lam it's great isn't it?

HeyRoly Tue 04-Jul-17 21:31:33

Yep, Collonil. It's great stuff.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Wed 05-Jul-17 00:17:25

Thank you very much! I've placed an order for it flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now