Talk

Advanced search

Water sprays

(8 Posts)
Youvegotafriendinme Sun 02-Jul-17 20:35:44

Hope this is the right place for this....

I'm looking for the water sprays that you get in cans in boots. Thing is, I need them in November! Does anyone know if I'll still be able to get them then? Don't want to get them now if I can help it.
Thank you

bluebump Sun 02-Jul-17 20:38:45

I buy the Avene one and I'm pretty sure it's on sale all year round.

EnidButton Sun 02-Jul-17 22:04:14

Yes you can definitely buy them all the time. I buy the Avene one very regularly.

EnidButton Sun 02-Jul-17 22:05:07

Unless you mean the MagiCool type ones? Don't know about those for certain but bet you can get them on Amazon.

Youvegotafriendinme Sun 02-Jul-17 22:52:48

I'm not worried about the brand of spray to be honest.
My DMIL has just come back from a long haul flight and fainted twice while on the flight. Every flight she takes She gets extremely hot and is usually sick. She is due to do the same flight in November and me and DH mentioned the sprays to her. Thing is, she would/could do a click and Collect from boots at the airport but we then wondered if you can even get them that time of the year.

Thank you all for your help

FeiYenKansu Sun 02-Jul-17 23:12:57

Not sure if you can take them on a plane?

EnidButton Sun 02-Jul-17 23:18:18

The MagiCool ones stay cold inside the can and are a mix of water and some other things. The Avene and La Roche Posay ones are just water.

The MagiCool type ones tend to be in store in Summer but you should be able to do a click and collect and I would imagine an airport Boots would stick them all year round. You could phone them and ask nearer the time.

Bit of info here about Magicool and taking it on a flight www.magicool.uk.com/faq.html#5

You can also buy small towels that stay cold when dampened with cold water and come in a little carry case. One of those on her neck, forehead or wrists might be helpful.
www.amazon.co.uk/Dzine-Stay-Cool-Ice-Towel/dp/B00UXED5NC?tag=mumsnetforum-21 <-- just an example, you can get cheaper ones, search 'cool towel'. Someone on another thread also suggested cutting them into strips to wear on the wrists.

I have low blood pressure and can't tolerate heat very well at all. I find eating something salty and sipping a lot of cold water really helps. So maybe suggest taking some salted crisps or something and making sure she has lots of water on the plane.

EnidButton Sun 02-Jul-17 23:19:37

*stock them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now