Talk

Advanced search

Teen Bras- struggling to find anything suitable!

(9 Posts)
OwlMother Sun 02-Jul-17 09:19:31

It's taken a while to persuade Dd (13) to go for a bra fitting. Disappointingly we went to John Lewis yesterday, and while they sized her well, they didn't have much in her size- 28DD. We bought what they had that fitted, but there were only 2 styles and both are darker colours. She really needs a few in white/nude for under summer tops.

I've had a bit of a look online and haven't had much luck, I was looking for unwired and really quite plain- but not too matronly ! Also would prefer not to pay £30 a bra, I feel we might be buying a few more sizes over the next few months!

Is there anywhere that might be good to look? Bravissimo options look a bit grown up- she is only 13. Any brands that might be worth hunting down?

furryelephant Sun 02-Jul-17 10:04:56

The website brastop.com usually have loads and there's a sale on at the moment, or Debenhams. My sister is the same age and size and I agree with them seeming too grown up! What my sister and I found that worked best was going up in the band to a 30 and down to a D cup and found some lovely non wired styles in Debenhams that fitted well smile

furryelephant Sun 02-Jul-17 10:07:32

She found these fitted well smile

http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod107011_100011520103465600_-1

ThinkFastNotSlow Sun 02-Jul-17 10:08:31

We went to John Lewis for my 13 yr old too. She measured 28D in one style and 30C in another, both JL own brand.

Did your DD try different sizes during her fitting? I found these other sizes (28DD and 30D) on the JL site, in case they're any help here

marriednotdead Sun 02-Jul-17 10:10:57

A bra with any decent but age appropriate support and non wired is a tricky call in 28dd!

I've had a quick scout- you might like this from Boux Avenue

SafeToCross Sun 02-Jul-17 10:22:32

Fortunately, dd favours the Primark t shirt ones for £2 each available in black, nude and white and other colours. Not sure what their range of sizes are.

marriednotdead Sun 02-Jul-17 12:10:37

Sadly hardly anywhere does 28 or even 30 bands as a standard.

OwlMother Sun 02-Jul-17 14:32:11

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at the sites mentioned. She tried in just about everything JL had to offer, in every size going! The fitter was really thorough, but all the 30s just weren't right, if the back seemed ok we couldn't get a good fit cupwise. We were there for ages, and she's pleased with the two she has, so at least that was positive! I've found a few white sports bras online so have ordered those (an immmediate issue over the summer as her football strip is white) and at least we don't have to worry about school blouses until she is back after summer. Thanks for all the help, I'm sure we will find something!

cantkeepawayforever Sun 02-Jul-17 14:41:55

John Lewis no longer seem to stock the one that DD had at the same point - such a pain.

If she could bear to go to a Bravissimo, they are IME BRILLIANT at fitting shy teens and have a genuinely wide range of sizes. Would this be along the right lines?

We avoided Bravissimo for non-underwired, but went there for DD's first underwired bra - and it was a total revelation in terms of how well something COULD fit and how long they were prepared to try until they found the perfect option. Wish we'd gone earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now