Talk

Advanced search

Comfortable heels

(6 Posts)
ssssm Fri 30-Jun-17 20:18:43

5 years ago I broke both legs and haven't worn heels since. I'm practising at home with a pair of 4 inch wedges and think I could be ready to wear heels at a wedding in October. Any ideas about what could be comfortable/wearable? I'm 5'6 so don't need to be too high (but hate kitten heels) but do need comfort/stability

MadameJosephine Fri 30-Jun-17 21:18:44

I broke both my legs too but about 15 years ago now and I struggle with heels. The only ones I manage to wear now are these

www.clarksoutlet.co.uk/p/203572504

They're on sale for £20 at the moment too!

I also have these which are very similar

www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Clarks-Chorus-Suede-Smart/dp/B00EYFJBJ8?tag=mumsnetforum-21

BetterEatCheese Fri 30-Jun-17 21:34:44

Definitely Clarks. I never wear heels and own one pair from there for special occasions - they're amazing

TheBusThatCouldntSlowDown Fri 30-Jun-17 21:56:14

I broke my ankle twice and it has taken a lot of training to get back into heels. Also I can only wear chunkier heels now, and I'm not confident in shoes without ankle straps. It really knocks your walking confidence doesn't it?

If you're willing to spend a bit more try Chie Mihara

The designer is a podiatrist and most of the shoes have wide heels and hidden platforms to make them more comfy. Plus they are adorable.

ssssm Sat 01-Jul-17 10:43:37

Oh I'm glad it's not just me. Thanks for the suggestions - and yes @TheBusThatCouldntSlowDown it's quite alarming - I fell going down steps and now am overly aware of every step I take on a staircase

LockedOutOfMN Sat 01-Jul-17 14:39:30

I can wear wedges and heeled boots - not stilettos - for a special occasion. Best if I can get a taxi or a lift there and back and it won't involve standing all the time. As it's October you could go for boots and that was have the ankle support? I wore these to a wedding in April and survived a whole day (2.30pm to the early hours) with lots of standing and dancing. m.zara.com/es/en/sale/woman/shoes/boots-and-ankle-boots/floral-fabric-high-heel-ankle-boots-c893505p4398505.html#utm_referrer=https://www.google.es/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now