Advanced search

Comfortable heels

(6 Posts)
ssssm Fri 30-Jun-17 20:18:43

5 years ago I broke both legs and haven't worn heels since. I'm practising at home with a pair of 4 inch wedges and think I could be ready to wear heels at a wedding in October. Any ideas about what could be comfortable/wearable? I'm 5'6 so don't need to be too high (but hate kitten heels) but do need comfort/stability

MadameJosephine Fri 30-Jun-17 21:18:44

I broke both my legs too but about 15 years ago now and I struggle with heels. The only ones I manage to wear now are these

They're on sale for £20 at the moment too!

I also have these which are very similar

BetterEatCheese Fri 30-Jun-17 21:34:44

Definitely Clarks. I never wear heels and own one pair from there for special occasions - they're amazing

TheBusThatCouldntSlowDown Fri 30-Jun-17 21:56:14

I broke my ankle twice and it has taken a lot of training to get back into heels. Also I can only wear chunkier heels now, and I'm not confident in shoes without ankle straps. It really knocks your walking confidence doesn't it?

If you're willing to spend a bit more try Chie Mihara

The designer is a podiatrist and most of the shoes have wide heels and hidden platforms to make them more comfy. Plus they are adorable.

ssssm Sat 01-Jul-17 10:43:37

Oh I'm glad it's not just me. Thanks for the suggestions - and yes @TheBusThatCouldntSlowDown it's quite alarming - I fell going down steps and now am overly aware of every step I take on a staircase

LockedOutOfMN Sat 01-Jul-17 14:39:30

I can wear wedges and heeled boots - not stilettos - for a special occasion. Best if I can get a taxi or a lift there and back and it won't involve standing all the time. As it's October you could go for boots and that was have the ankle support? I wore these to a wedding in April and survived a whole day (2.30pm to the early hours) with lots of standing and dancing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now