Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wedding Outfit

(5 Posts)
greenlizard Fri 30-Jun-17 14:35:11

I am attending a July wedding and planning to wear this dress www.lyst.co.uk/clothing/reiss-georgie-tie-sleeve-dress-berry/. My colouring is Autumn and having just had a baby 6 months ago it hides my tummy a bit. I already have the dress from pre babies time.

The wedding dress code asks for hats and/or fascinators and as I have a big bonce and loads of curly hair I am thinking fascinator.

Could you help me with some ideas about what shoes/bag/fascinator do you think would go with this dress? I have wide feet and can't walk in heels that are very high for very long....

greenlizard Fri 30-Jun-17 14:37:35

I don't think that link worked...try this one....www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjCteGF2OXUAhWEVxQKHRWtDxgQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kchisosgallery.com%2Fspring-georgie-tie-sleeve-dress-berry.html&psig=AFQjCNEcBKqXE3DYCGwKiZAOdX5ITBLz7g&ust=1498916170656219

livefrommysofa Fri 30-Jun-17 19:13:14

It's a lovely colour. I personally would do black fascinator and black heels and maybe a gold jewellery.

If you struggle with heels I can recommend clarks, they do some very on trend footwear now and most heels have a cushion base, the Kendra range has a slight platform so the aren't as high as the look. The only heels I've been able to dance all night in.

greenlizard Sat 01-Jul-17 19:11:29

Thanks - bought a pair of black suede sandals from Clarks today - very comfortable and a wife fit!

user1498752831 Sat 01-Jul-17 20:26:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: