Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me an eyebrow powder please!

(12 Posts)
FurbysMakeSexNoises Fri 30-Jun-17 13:52:11

Just running out of my Laura Mercier one and suspect cheaper products are still decent- I use a slanted brush to apply it.

Any good ones you love?

FurbysMakeSexNoises Fri 30-Jun-17 20:39:17

Hopeful bump?

PurpleNurple69 Fri 30-Jun-17 20:48:28

Sleek. You get it in Superdrug for about £8. My eyebrows are blond and totally invisible so I use it every day. I've had mine for about 4 months, maybe longer, and I've just broken through to the metal base. Fantastic VFM and staying power.

BumWad Fri 30-Jun-17 20:49:10

Urban decay do a good one

RingTailedLemurFan Fri 30-Jun-17 20:50:25

Freedom brow pomade, also from larger Superdrug stores.

I use a £1 slanted brush from Primark, which has a mascara brush thing on the other end which I use to brush through.

EnidButton Fri 30-Jun-17 21:14:27

If it's just a powder you want, try looking at matte eye shadows. I couldn't find a dark to mid brown eyebrow powder that was cool toned enough for mine so I use an eyeshadow. I think a lot of people use Mac ones but any will do so long as it's the right colour. Mines from Boots Seventeen. Just make very sure that it's totally matte! grin

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Fri 30-Jun-17 22:05:25

Could you use an eyeshadow of similar colour to your brows?

FurbysMakeSexNoises Fri 30-Jun-17 22:22:58

Hooray thanks all sounds like I need to shop around. Good tip about the eye shadows.

I'm more interested in staying power once I've found the right tone.

jeezlouise85 Fri 30-Jun-17 22:35:43

I use Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake with a slanted brush. It's £18, stays on all day and lasts forever - I've been using my current one every day for at least two years and it's nowhere near empty. Cruelty free too.

RingTailedLemurFan Fri 30-Jun-17 22:35:50

The Freedom one def has staying power! I have to scrub at it to take it off at night (Or not, and it acts like a tint for a few days). It has never smudged or run, and although I've had the pot for over 6 months and used it daily, it doesn't ever seem to go down?! So a little goes a very long way.

EnidButton Fri 30-Jun-17 23:22:27

My eyeshadow stays on until I wash it off. I use it as a filler though rather than just on bare skin where there's no hair. Pat over the top with translucent powder, brush it off with a fat brush and then comb through with an eyebrow brush. Finish with clear eyebrow gel. Doesn't budge.

EnidButton Fri 30-Jun-17 23:22:49

I do have dark thickish eyebrows to start with though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now