Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wedding: What does one put on a seven year old girl who rather be put in a cat of her own mucus than in a pretty dress?

(52 Posts)
HoneyDragon Thu 29-Jun-17 19:48:05

Preferably that will still be considered acceptably cute and adorable by those members of the family that have "standards".

HoneyDragon Thu 29-Jun-17 19:48:52

Vat, vat of mucus. Google doesn't think it's a word hmm

EnidAlexandraRollins Thu 29-Jun-17 19:50:37

Jumpsuit? You can get some super lovely ones these days that are easily smart enough for a wedding.

KeiraTwiceKnightley Thu 29-Jun-17 19:50:48

Funky jumpsuit, ballet pumps, blazer. That's what my 12 yo DD wears for formal occasions and she looks ace.

Soubriquet Thu 29-Jun-17 19:50:57

Oh god that's a tricky one...any nice looking play suits? Would she be ok with that?

KeiraTwiceKnightley Thu 29-Jun-17 19:53:03

DD all poshed up.

Refilona Thu 29-Jun-17 19:55:36

What about a suit with suspenders and all? Maybe in a cool bright colour. Or a jumpsuit.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Thu 29-Jun-17 19:56:22

Would she do culottes?

CrazedZombie Thu 29-Jun-17 19:57:06

Would she wear a top with sequins/sparkles with leggings? What are the little boys wearing? Would she wear a suit like them?

Refilona Thu 29-Jun-17 19:57:20

www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-all-over-print-top-3-14-years-/p/p60091486?image=SD_04_T74_2016F_ZZ_X_EC_90&color=MULTI&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

Love this kind of stuff! Sorry im a bit weird myself

HoneyDragon Thu 29-Jun-17 20:00:48

God I love you guys. Would playsuits jumpsuits be acceptable?

HoneyDragon Thu 29-Jun-17 20:01:21

Keira that's lovely

Soubriquet Thu 29-Jun-17 20:02:20

I say yes, they would. They can look very smart really

munchkinmaster Thu 29-Jun-17 20:03:50

My 5 year old wore the outfit in the right to something formal the other week. Depends on weather.

HoneyDragon Thu 29-Jun-17 20:10:30

I've just spoken to her as the wee fecker is showing zero intention of sleeping with your suggestions.

She's asked if she can wear a smart shirt waistcoat and tie like her brother does, but with shorts.

Do you think that would work? Obviously tailored ones.

I can put her hair in a bun and pretty it up.

I'm so utterly relieved no ones said she ought to wear a dress for forms sake.

HoneyDragon Thu 29-Jun-17 20:11:06

I love that munchkin, I'm going to have a proper look at that website.

MrsLettuce Thu 29-Jun-17 20:33:32

No. She absolutely doen't have to wear a dress.

You could put her in 'boys' clothes, she'd surely look great and be really comfy (although maybe a bit hot). But, "those members of the family that have "standards" " will tut, winge and gossip about it. TBH I'd be tempted to let them get on with it, DD picking up on it and feeling rotton would be a worry too though. It's a tough call and I can understand the desire to avoid that sort of nonsense. TBH they'd probably tut, winge and gossip (although possibly to a lesser degree) about anything that isn't an actual, formalish dress.

What sort of thing does she like to wear day to day?

Soubriquet Thu 29-Jun-17 20:34:50

I think she can wear what she said.

Clothes are clothes. Girls can wear shorts and waistcoats just like boys too.

There's no rule that says a girl must wear a dress

SenoritaViva Thu 29-Jun-17 20:41:48

@honeydragon I have one of these in ten year old form! For smart she has a pair of sequin shorts (oddly sequins are ok apparently as long as they aren't pink or girly eg ok in batman logo 😂) and then I'd prob do the jacket thing. I def wouldn't get her in ballet pumps like others have suggested, but she'd wear flip flops.

Lucky you still have a bun of long hair, ours went short a while ago.

No need for dresses and frills.

nuttyknitter Thu 29-Jun-17 20:47:12

You let her choose! It really isn't anyone else's business.

TheWorldHasGoneToCake Thu 29-Jun-17 20:57:49

She sounds wonderful. I'd be tempted to go with what she wants. Can you get tailored shorts, a white shirt and a bow tie?

HoneyDragon Thu 29-Jun-17 21:00:26

Senorita, that exactly dd. She says she prefers looking 'cool' and not girly.

She will wear dresses on occasion if she is hot but t-shirt dresses and only really in the garden and stuff.

It's a long day, and she is genuinely uncomfortable with frills and ruffles and things. She will be expected to be smart so a comfy jersey dress or similar wouldn't cut it.

I think tailored she can get away with though.

PotteringAlong Thu 29-Jun-17 21:04:49

www.jigsaw-online.com/product/silky-jumpsuit/J32139_BL010?gclid=CPv8z_Ps49QCFcqd7QodhrQAIQ

Would she wear this?

kazza106 Thu 29-Jun-17 21:06:23

I have a 4 year old like this. Boden do footless tights which she will wear under a dress for parties. They are a bit like leggings, other than that it's leggings and tunic style tops.

museumum Thu 29-Jun-17 21:10:37

Shorts, shirt and waistcoat sounds really cool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now