Talk

Advanced search

If you have big feet...

(8 Posts)
HareTodayDragonTomorrow Thu 29-Jun-17 06:26:58

Size 42, 43 i.e. larger the sizes usually available for normal shoes.
Where or what brands do you buy?
How do you stop your feet looking huge?
Do you wear only bootcut trousers? Can trousers that narrow at the ankle ever look good?

DoItTooJulia Thu 29-Jun-17 06:32:18

I don't try and stop them looking big-they are what they are!

I wear Birkenstock, dr marten, clarks, toms, merrells and whatever's else I can find in a true 43. To maxx are pretty good for the odd random find.

Rainybo Thu 29-Jun-17 06:35:28

I'm a 43 and I wear lots of heels. New Look are good for cheaper shoes, ruby shoo and irregular choice do 43s, Next catalogue is good for a range of 43s. Just Fab, Simply Be.

I honestly don't think it's as much of an issue as it used to be. However, I have narrow feet so I guess it may be more of an issue if you have wide feet?

user1494050295 Thu 29-Jun-17 06:37:14

I have 9 to 9 and a half. Clarks are fantastic. Boots and sandals. I get bootcut trousers from Boden. Sports direct sandals good too

defineme Thu 29-Jun-17 06:40:50

I wear what I like, I am 5ft10 and I don't think my size 42/43 feet look out of proportion, I have honestly never considered if trouser style makes them look big. I have to get wide fit from places like Next or clarks in some styles like ballet pumps.

BikeRunSki Thu 29-Jun-17 06:44:03

I'm a 43 and wear pretty much the same brands as Julia. White Stuff do a very generous "8" which sometimes fit.

I generally wear wide leg trousers for work, and slim leg jeans. Skinnies generally don't fit over my calfs. I'm big all over - broad shoulders, heavy legs, wide feet, busty- and a size -14/16, do my feet don't really look out of proportion.

Okite Thu 29-Jun-17 06:47:23

I'm a size 8 (is that 42?) but have very wide feet and honestly it's such a trial to find ANYTHING that fits, I don't really care what it looks like in the end. I don't wear heels ever. Merrell shoes and boots generally work well for me. In summer my only options seem to be walking sandals (usually men's) or espadrilles work well because they are fabric. There's no shop/brand that I'd recommend because the fit of each shoe is so different. Merrell's suit me the best but for non-wide feet I doubt they'd work.
Men's shoes are always an option, I got some nice clarks brogues.
I've never thought of trying to hide my feet, I'm tall though so they are in proportion for me.

hellotoyellow Thu 29-Jun-17 07:02:38

French Sole, Russell and Bromley (sale starts on Monday) do fab shoes up to a proper 42 (R&B) or 44 (French sole). I buy one or two pairs a year and wear trainers/toms/superga/flip flops the rest of the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now