Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried this Plantur shampoo?

(8 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 28-Jun-17 16:54:00

So the advert seems to make out that this is great for thin hair / hair regrowth. I have always had very fine hair - wondering if this is the product I've been searching for all my life or if it is another marketing ploy to get me to part with my hard earned cash.

Rollypoly100 Sat 01-Jul-17 21:02:19

It's a marketing ploy. I always fall for the speil and end up disappointed. It's a nice shampoo but doesn't do what it says it will.

Nicketynac Sat 01-Jul-17 23:04:41

DH used it and thought it was ok but expensive for not much effect. He now uses a Loreal Elvive thickening shampoo, not marketed for hair loss but he thinks it makes the hair he has look thicker.

smashyourglasses Sat 01-Jul-17 23:19:14

You'd be better off getting a topper. Have a look on wigs.com, you can get ones that provide smaller coverage that just 'pad out' your hair, or ones that are 3/4 a wig. You can put them up into pony tails etc.

Scarftown Sat 01-Jul-17 23:21:37

I have just brought some as on offer in Tesco so we shall see. My hair is very thin so hoping it will thicken slightly

YouMakeMeFeelLikeDancing Sun 02-Jul-17 09:31:02

Expensive but you can buy them separately but Philip Kingsley Trichotherapy is really good for thinning hair and regrowth

BeaLola Sun 02-Jul-17 13:47:54

Yes I tried it (for free as part of a magazine trial) and did not nice any difference

LostWithoutALight Sun 02-Jul-17 13:57:41

The Plantur 39 makes my hair dryer despite any conditioner I use (or even when only using shampoo on actual scalp.) I do have dry hair anyway but this just seems to make it much worse and look puffy/straw like depending upon where I am in my menstrual cycle. This is just my experience, we are all different. I'm sticking with it for a bit as it also contains niacinamide as well as caffeine. I'm only early 30's but have hormone problems that affect my hair terribly. I'm not counting on a shampoo to fix it (I do plenty other things) but just wanted a topical aid as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now