Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

A week until holiday; what needs to be done?

(16 Posts)
ooodile Wed 28-Jun-17 14:21:16

Should I start to apply developing tan now, so after a few applications it's a decent colour in a week? Or is it best to do that a day or two before I leave?

What else needs to be done?! I'm going through all my clothes now trying to figure out what to buy, but I'm beginning to feel a bit stressed by the "what if's"

I've found one perfect dress, so I'll go shopping to find something similar in different colours.

I'll need flip flops for the beach? Or is there something better?

Any seasoned travellers have an easy checklist to follow? Please help!!

MorelloKisses Wed 28-Jun-17 15:59:24

7day shred grin

Nettletheelf Wed 28-Jun-17 16:05:38

Do it a day or two before. The tanning, not the shredding! I find that it starts to wear off after 3-4 days, so you'd only end up doing the whole scrubbing and reapplication thing again.

I can't be fagged with flip flops. I just wear flat sandals on the beach.

I hope you have a fantastic time.

juneau Wed 28-Jun-17 16:08:06

I like flip flops. Sandals get full of sand and stones and you have to sit down and take them off, shake them, etc. Flip flops you just shake!

Bikini wax
Mani/pedi
Hair cut/colour
Tint lashes
Bikini body boot camp!

ooodile Wed 28-Jun-17 16:23:37

On the 7 day shred now Morello grin - I'm thinking the maximum 3lb loss I'll manage will definitely make me look like Elle McPherson.

Thanks Nettle! I'll leave the tanning for now. I was worried about the wearing off and reapplying fiasco making me look like streaky bacon.

I'll probably pick up cheap flip flops as it'll be harder for me to find sandals I actually like.

So,juneau the next few days should involve removing the hair I don't want and colouring the hair I do?!

Now I just need to sort through the huge pile of clothes. What looks good in front of the bedroom mirror probably won't in 35 degree heat.

Jaimx86 Wed 28-Jun-17 16:26:19

Where are you going, and what kind of holiday will it be?

Jaimx86 Wed 28-Jun-17 16:26:34

...and how much luggage can you take?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 28-Jun-17 16:33:53

Ooo - what's the 7 day shred?

I'm going on holiday on Sunday & have been doing the 30 day shred although level 3 should be illegal. Is there a shorter option? shock

ooodile Wed 28-Jun-17 16:35:34

Jaimx South of France, so a mix of cities, bit of beach and some countryside.

I can take 20kg case, 10kg case and small hand luggage.

ooodile Wed 28-Jun-17 16:38:36

Santa in my case the 7 days shred is eating very little and running around doing everyone's holiday shopping.

It's amazing how trying on hundreds of dresses in a tiny fitting room can make you hotter and sweatier than a half hour of Jillian Michaels.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 28-Jun-17 16:51:21

It's amazing how trying on hundreds of dresses in a tiny fitting room can make you hotter and sweatier than a half hour of Jillian Michaels.

I can imagine grin.

juneau Wed 28-Jun-17 17:10:25

So, juneau the next few days should involve removing the hair I don't want and colouring the hair I do?!

Precisely grin

MorelloKisses Wed 28-Jun-17 18:28:57

Google 'one week shred', you do it twice a day [faint]

MorelloKisses Wed 28-Jun-17 18:29:15

Google 'one week shred', you do it twice a day [faint]

ooodile Wed 28-Jun-17 18:59:17

So it's really a thing Morello?

I'll maybe do it when I come back from holiday and need to burn off the wine/cheese/bread/pastries grin

Jmangel Wed 28-Jun-17 19:18:40

I was just thinking this the other day re colouring/removing hair. But bloody everything - skin needs to be darker via tan, teeth whiter via strips, grey hair covered, lashes/eyebrows made darker, nails painted - it's flipping exhausting and never ending - feels like painting the fourth bridge sometimes in my bathroom!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: