Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Look at this grey hair at 31!!!

(6 Posts)
user1498051868 Tue 27-Jun-17 17:50:55

Is it normal to be this grey at 31? Every root section of my hair is the same :-(
I literally have to dye it every 3 weeks

OdinsLoveChild Tue 27-Jun-17 17:54:49

Thats nothing. I was entirely grey/white by 17. I noticed my first at around 15.

Its crap but at least I still have some hair unlike DH who's been bald since his mid 20's.

Sorry I'm not much help but maybe you will feel better knowing you were almost twice my age when you went grey. grin

FitForSpring Tue 27-Jun-17 17:57:12

Normal for some of us, I guess!
It doesn't really help me to know whether it's normal or not, I can't change it, except for dyeing it or just have to live with it.
I live with mine grey blonde hair.
Could you just go grey? Or are you not ready for that? Friend is under 30 and has beautiful silver hair, but realise it's not for everybody.

Namehunting001 Tue 27-Jun-17 17:58:39

I also have lots of grey at 31.. you are not alone. Apparently it's hereditary. I use the L'Oréal spray between couloiring as I try I not dye more than every 6 weeks... I feel your pain! x

GinnyWreckin Tue 27-Jun-17 17:59:05

Make sure you're not deficient in vitamin B group.

Are you vegetarian or vegan? Happens to all my vegan mates.
Take supplements and let out your silver side! Or eat more liver and eggs if not veg or vegan.

mummabubs Tue 27-Jun-17 18:10:20

I started going grey at 17 and dye it every couple of months so I know your pain!! Neither of my sisters have any greys at all, lucky buggers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: