Talk

Advanced search

Best drugstore mascara?

(30 Posts)
raindropstea Mon 26-Jun-17 08:47:41

What is the best mascara you've tried from Boots and the like that isn't expensive?

I almost bought some of that 3D fiber mascara stuff from a spa but I stopped myself because I read reviews on here for it saying it gives you tarantula eyes.

I used to use Max Factor False Lash Effect but I don't want to anymore as that type of brush hurts my eyes when I apply it. I'm currently using a sample of Mac False Lashes and I like it but don't know if I want to spend the money for it.

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Mon 26-Jun-17 08:55:45

I swear by this Bourjois one. Better than any of the more expensive ones that I used to use.

www.boots.com/bourjois-volume-1-seconde-mascara-10173505

raindropstea Mon 26-Jun-17 09:49:15

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to look for that when I'm out today.

Lottapianos Mon 26-Jun-17 09:51:09

L'Oreal Volume Million or Miss Manga
Rimmel 3D Extra Lash

All brilliant

Branleuse Mon 26-Jun-17 10:10:43

www.boots.com/no7-lash-impact-mascara-10225711

this one!! I love it. Doesnt give me panda eyes (most mascaras do this to me) Gives really full lashes and lasts well. I also love the red glittery tube.

VintagePerfumista Mon 26-Jun-17 12:27:07

I have 7 mascaras (hadn't realised until now!)

Lancome Hypnose- meh
Boots 17 Falsify HD- s'ok
Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme- quite good
17 Superlash- gloops like nothing on earth...except...Benefit They're Real- might as well just wipe it down my cheeks and cut out the 10 seconds it's on my lashes
Max Factor 2000 calorie- an oldie but goodie
Maybelline Big Eyes- the best of the ones I've got without a doubt.

Boots Natural Collection and Collection 2000 or whatever it's called now are both very good, and get great reviews on here.

I'd repurchase the 2000 calorie and the Maybelline- the rest are varying degrees of shite. grin

Cheesymonster Mon 26-Jun-17 17:17:08

Barry M That's how I roll. A dupe for Benefit Roller Lash and £4.99 in Superdrug.

toriah Mon 26-Jun-17 18:27:38

I really like this one:

www.boots.com/rimmel-volume-shake-mascara-10229195

raindropstea Tue 27-Jun-17 07:37:58

Lottapianos, I read that Miss Manga is a dupe for Lancome Doll Eyes. I want to try it!

And thanks, everyone. I have lots of mascaras I want to try now!

McDougal Tue 27-Jun-17 07:56:58

I second Barry M That's How I Roll. That with the Barry M primer kept me smudge free on holiday recently which is an achievement in itself!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 27-Jun-17 07:58:12

No7 intense volume waterproof

ButtMuncher Tue 27-Jun-17 08:01:35

L'Oréal Telescopic is the only one I've used for four years. I've tried the big budget ones (Bobbi Brown, Mac, Charlotte Tilsbury) and none of them have ever come close grin

Lottapianos Tue 27-Jun-17 08:23:50

Raindrop, that's interesting. I've never had any inclination to spend £25+ on a mascara when there are so many great high street mascaras around. Especially when you hear that so many expensive mascaras are disappointing

Auldspinster Tue 27-Jun-17 09:28:59

Max Factor Masterpiece mascara or L'oreal Volume Millions.

creamcheeseandlox Tue 27-Jun-17 10:48:10

Maybelline lash sensational. Also a roller lash dupe. Only mascara I have re bought again and again.

Greenifer Tue 27-Jun-17 12:33:30

I like this Maybelline one: www.maybelline.co.uk/eyes/mascara/volum-express-the-colossal-go-extreme-lash-waterproof-mascara

It is very very waterproof (really good in this hot weather) and the brush is excellent.

twilightcafe Tue 27-Jun-17 12:37:06

I stockpile Aldi 3D mascara whenever it's in stock. Gives you lovely, fat, fluttery lashes at £3.99 a pop.

Scrumpernickel Tue 27-Jun-17 12:39:42

L'Oréal Telescopic for me too.

Amee1992x Tue 27-Jun-17 14:52:51

Maybelline, you know the old one pink & green tube. Use it on all my clients x

OneOrgasmicBirthPlease Tue 27-Jun-17 14:56:24

Another vote for the Aldi 3D mascara. Super cheap and as good as L'Oréal.

raindropstea Wed 28-Jun-17 07:00:01

Thank you, all. 😊 I really want to try so many of these now, especially want to get my hands on the Aldi one.

Lotta, I agree! I've tried several high end mascaras in the past and I have never been able to see a difference between them and the drugstore ones. I've tried Diorshow, Lancôme etc. Heres a dupe list for mascaras: www.makeupalley.com/user/favorites/productvilleadmin-mascara-dupe-list

It would be interesting if anyone can comment on any of these really being dupes.

bingohandjob Wed 28-Jun-17 07:16:15

I've gone through lots of brands and found Boots No.7 Lovely Lashes to be the best.

For comparison, have tried Charlotte Tilbury, Mac, Estee, Clarins, Lancome, Clinique, L'oreal, Maybelline. I'm not a fan of Boots skincare but their make-up is really good.

CostaCoffeeRoyalty Wed 28-Jun-17 07:18:44

L'Oréal Volume Millions Excess waterproof 👌🏻

Scrumpernickel Wed 28-Jun-17 10:38:43

Drugstore though, when did that happen? Do people say it in real life conversations?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 28-Jun-17 11:02:56

Yes,I'd you're American or follow make up bloggers. If not then it's High Streetgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now