Talk

Advanced search

Which magazine would you get a subscription to?

(12 Posts)
gamerpigeon Sun 25-Jun-17 20:56:14

As a treat for myself (I'm a new mum with very little me time) I am thinking of getting a subscription to a magazine. Which one would MN recommend - Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Grazia, something else?

I'm not bothered about the fashion pages showing things which are ridiculously expensive - it's more inspiration than a shopping guide. I like the articles on trends and the interviews, I tend to skim the cooking and travel sections.

TheLegendOfBeans Sun 25-Jun-17 21:00:25

Grazia.

But try Tatler perhaps? V posh but fun x

pasturesgreen Sun 25-Jun-17 21:02:53

I subscribe to Red and occasionally buy Marie Claire and Grazia.

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Sun 25-Jun-17 21:21:22

The only ones I enjoy reading are Red, Marie Claire & Grazia. If I had to subscribe to one it would be Red.

rightknockered Sun 25-Jun-17 21:24:52

I like Vogue and Marie Claire. I sometimes like Grazia. It's like a holiday from all the reading I have to do for work

HappyHoppy Sun 25-Jun-17 21:30:36

I know it's lovely to have a real magazine to read, but your local library membership probably gives you access to digital copies of most magazines (and their back catalogues) for free via an app called Zinio. Worth a little look? If so, no need to choose just one!

Whenwillwe3meetagain Sun 25-Jun-17 21:36:50

I'm fed up of all the celeb twaddle in Grazia so I prefer Stylist, helps that it's free!
Bought red for recent holiday and it was so thin and nothing to read.

AprilLady Sun 25-Jun-17 21:51:51

If you have an iPad, the Readly App is fantastic. Gives you digital access to literally hundreds of magazines for £7.99 per month, and I think you get a few days free trial to start. Doesn't have Vogue, but does have Elle, Grazia, Red, Marie Claire etc as well as everything from Practical Fishing to Top Gear to Simply Knitting grin

skinnyamericano Sun 25-Jun-17 21:54:31

Red or Marie Claire.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 25-Jun-17 22:04:24

I have Red on subscription and usually buy Grazia and Marie Claire.

Sammysquiz Sun 25-Jun-17 22:17:35

Agree with April, it's far more cost-effective to get Readly. I pay £8 per month (I think, it's something like that) and every month I read Red, Grazia, Heat, Glamour, Elle, Woman & Home, and lots of the foodie ones like Olive and Good Food, all on the iPad. It's such a bargain!

QueenofLouisiana Sun 25-Jun-17 22:22:19

Definitely Readly! I got 3 months for £8 on a deal last week. I've read 3real-life-crap ones and a couple of glamorous mags, DH has read 3 photography mags and stuff about computers (he's been working away so lots of time in a boring Travelodge room), DS has read 2 gaming mags and a pile of Beanos which he is "too old" for in the real world.
Think we're "in profit" already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now