Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holiday evening wear help!

(9 Posts)
othersideofforty Fri 23-Jun-17 19:34:23

So i go away at the end of August to Majorca, its a family hotel so nothing too posh!
I usually take Maxi dresses, knee length dresses and a pair of white chino trousers.
ive lost a stone in weight so now feeling confident enough to wear skirts/shorts.
i just dont know what type of short to go for! Are short denim shorts ok for a 42 year old for a night or should i go for something abit smarter?

FauxFox Sat 24-Jun-17 08:51:08

Go and try some on and see what you like smile Denim shorts are very versatile - I don't really know what being 42 has to do with it?! I would avoid the hot pants that leave your butt hanging out (at any age actually!) but otherwise anything goes!

Have a lovely holiday x

othersideofforty Sat 24-Jun-17 09:51:00

Thanks, i feel that as you get older you have to be more wary of what you wear 😨

WeeM Sat 24-Jun-17 09:53:22

I live in denim shorts on holiday. I got a great pair in marks surprisingly enough. Boden also do the same styles in 3 different lengths so you could order them all and see how short you fancy going!

ememem84 Sat 24-Jun-17 09:54:33

Fatface do some great shirts - denims and chinos. I bought loads last year. Can't wear them this year as am destined for maternity shorts. Which just aren't the same.

othersideofforty Sat 24-Jun-17 13:54:38

Ok ta, off shopping this week so will look have seen some nice ones in Dorothy Perkins ☺

othersideofforty Sat 24-Jun-17 13:56:37

These here

ememem84 Sat 24-Jun-17 14:49:43

Oooh cute!

Passthecake30 Sat 24-Jun-17 23:29:11

I'm the same age and going to the same destination... I tend to wear shorts in the day (like the demon ones pictured) and short cheap dresses at night (from peacocks and Matalan - I take 3 and wear them on rotation blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now