Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A big tan leather shopper?

(26 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Thu 22-Jun-17 08:56:15

Can anyone recommend one? I've been looking for ages and can't find one I love. Fossil Emma is the closest I have come but the colour is a bit weedy.

ZaraW Thu 22-Jun-17 12:56:30

I have a Madewell Transport tote.

margaritasbythesea Thu 22-Jun-17 13:04:22

Those are really nice. I think I want one that is wider not deeper iyswim. Thank you for the suggestion.

AvoidingCallenetics Thu 22-Jun-17 13:22:31

Maybe have a look at the Coach sale

violetgrey Thu 22-Jun-17 13:59:35

These are lovely but you would have to order from the US. The leather used for the bags is gorgeous. Madewell Transport is not what it used to be, they changed the leather and it's horrible quality now.

www.cuyana.com/shop/bags/totes.html

baggu.com/collections/category-totes/products/oversize-tote-caramel?variant=14251052423

SpiritedLondon Thu 22-Jun-17 16:26:20

Ok I know this isn't the shape you want but you may be able to arrange a custom order.
www.etsy.com/uk/listing/460622596/leather-tote-bag-ginger-handmade-leather?utm_source=Pinterest#

clippityclop Thu 22-Jun-17 16:57:46

Lovely handmade bags from www.crispinbendingleather.co.uk/ I bought a bag and a belt from his workshop and they're great.

VintagePerfumista Thu 22-Jun-17 16:59:18

Someone linked the other day to two sites which do natural colour leather bags- maybe they have shoppers, Gusti was one and the other was Saramanga or something. Both had gorgeous bags and very reasonably priced.

VintagePerfumista Thu 22-Jun-17 17:01:32

Scaramanga was the other one.

here

RahRahSkirt Thu 22-Jun-17 17:28:54

Message http://www.whistles.com/women/bags/shoulder-bags-tote-bags/hampson-tote-bag-25491.html?dwvarhampson-tote-bag-254911_color=Tan#q=tote%2Bbags&tcgid=Womenswear&start=1
Any good?
X

humanfemale Thu 22-Jun-17 17:58:25

There's a beautiful Zara one from a few years back (became one of those 'cult' designs) might be cheap on eBay or somewhere. Can't recommend it enough! It's totally massive, the quality of the leather is great and it's worn v well - been using mine nearly constantly for 4 years now and still fab.

ShelaghTurner Thu 22-Jun-17 18:01:03

My price range tends to be a bit lower than the MN average but I have this from Fat Face and it's gorgeous.

VintagePerfumista Thu 22-Jun-17 18:03:47

Oh yes, the famous Zara shopper! How I coveted it!

margaritasbythesea Thu 22-Jun-17 20:26:28

Humanfemale - I liked and like the Zara one alot but it is still quite expensive on ebay, otherwise i might go for it.

Shelagh - I do like that FatFace one. I noticed it before. I am half waiting for the sale to begin to see if it is reduced.

Avoiding - thanks I did have a look. There is a hobo bag I like but no shoppers in tan

Clippity - those are incredibly good value. I am going to take a second look

RahRAh - I like it but it is a bit dark and a bit expensive

Vintage - yes I looked at that thread at the time. Nice sites but I want something a bit smarter.
Spirited - thanks for the link. I will have a poke about

Violet - both of those sites are lovely, although the second is a bit expensive for me. The first one has a design I really like but not in the colour I like. Grr

margaritasbythesea Thu 22-Jun-17 20:27:08

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

violetgrey Thu 22-Jun-17 22:11:10

This looks nice

www.etsy.com/listing/505561466/soft-brown-italian-leather-womens?ref=shop_home_feat_4

or this?

www.marksandspencer.com/leather-tassel-shopper-bag/p/p60094289?image=SD_01_T01_8003E_VS_X_EC_90&color=TAN&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

margaritasbythesea Fri 23-Jun-17 14:46:43

Thanks very much for your help violet. I like the Etsy one, although not the M and S one.

I am not sure I have found ´the one´yet, despite all your help! Fussy bugger me.

Theycalledmethewildrose Fri 23-Jun-17 17:51:12

Does the Zara one have a long strap? TBH I'd hesitate buying a second hand Zara bag. It will look worn or have small marks rubbed in from jeans etc.

Have you tried Massimo Dutti?

The FF one looks ok, though worth seeing irl.

I like the etsy one a lot.

violetgrey Fri 23-Jun-17 23:43:59

Margaritas, it shouldn't be so hard to find a tote in classic shape in classic colour for a reasonable price, yet it seems like it is. Maybe it's the wrong time of the year to buy this type of bag and there might be more choice in autumn. Gap has a shopper in tan but unfortunately it's not leather.

margaritasbythesea Sat 24-Jun-17 14:09:22

violet - yes I thought it would be pretty simple too but perhaps now it would be better to wait. I wanted to have it in time for my birthday sad

They called me - your two favourites are my two favourites too. I can´t get to see the FF one unfortunately as I am not in the UK. With the Etsy one, I really would like one with a better closure. The one I have at the moment only has a magnetic clasp and it may as well not be there as it pings open all the time. I feel the same way as you about the ebay one.

Hmmmm. Want my birthday present!

Theycalledmethewildrose Sat 24-Jun-17 20:35:36

I only use brown leather totes, which is why this thread interested me. I bought one in Watehouse last year. It isn't leather but it is ok for using in the rain when I don't want a good bag to get marked or dyed.

I can't remember where I bought my current tan tote. If I can find a tag on it, I will le you know. It is pretty much what you are after.

eurochick Sat 24-Jun-17 20:51:38

What about this?

http://bananarepublic.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=57960&vid=1&pid=000588386SB15-18271

margaritasbythesea Sun 25-Jun-17 14:51:28

Thank you both. The br one is darker than I want really

Bristol01 Mon 26-Jun-17 13:15:38

How about the Gusti Leather "Alexandra" bag? It looks really roomy. Or their "Ashley" bag? It also looks quite nice.

margaritasbythesea Mon 26-Jun-17 13:46:45

Actually, I do like the Alexandra but it is out of stock. I am going to see if I can find it on amazon. Thanks for making me look again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now