Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bardot tops/dresses for big boobs?

(16 Posts)
toopeoply Thu 22-Jun-17 06:31:35

Are these a no no? I'm a 30FF so definitely need support. I'd love to wear all this off the shoulder stuff but I really need a bra.. Strapless are bloody hopeless and so uncomfortable. Any thoughts?

SirRaymondClench Thu 22-Jun-17 06:38:17

I am shamelessly marking my place. 30G here and I want a bardot top

VintagePerfumista Thu 22-Jun-17 06:39:16

They're a no on anybody unless you're 4.

Sorry. They just make people look like the fairy on the tree, the dolly on the loo roll, or some hillbilly hi y'all cartoon Texan about to be thrown in the creek by the Dukes of Hazard.

Walk away. In 20 years we will look at the Bardot, and the cold-shoulder and we will shake our heads, much as we do now about the crunchy 80s perm and the brown and orange tank tops of the 70s.

toopeoply Thu 22-Jun-17 06:47:29

I fear you might be right vintage..

skyzumarubble Thu 22-Jun-17 06:51:03

I'm with Vintage!

Argeles Thu 22-Jun-17 06:58:18

I love the Bardot style, but I hate strapless bras, so I sadly haven't bought anything in this style this season.

I wear cold shoulder tops and dresses with quite thin shoulder straps so that I can still wear a regular bra underneath - maybe you could do this?

What about a halter neck bra with a Bardot top/dress? I think this gives a nice vintage style look.

Have you spoken to a bra fitter, perhaps they can help you with a good strapless one? I've never done this, but may try.

Mummmy2017 Thu 22-Jun-17 07:10:42

I saw a woman sat in a very pretty top the other day, as I walked past her all I could see was the dress was backless, and her whole chunky bra at the back was on view, I alwasy check my back view before I wear anything.
that being said... I have seen some lovely off the shoulder tops, that have a 2" strap that covers your bra straps, could you not find some of these?

KatharinaRosalie Thu 22-Jun-17 09:59:01

Have you tried Wonderbra Ultimate? I'm your size and it keeps everything in place. In fact it's so good I sometimes wear it even when I don't need the strapless look.

glasshalfsomething Thu 22-Jun-17 10:00:42

Agree in the Wonderbra, it's the best strapless bra I've ever had, even as a G cup!

FeiYenKansu Thu 22-Jun-17 10:09:03

Only for large of bust if you have a nipped in waist and the rest of you is slim/slender.

If you mean those hideous Bardot smock dresses that I've seen a lot wearing, then avoid!

They serve to emphasis untoned/flabby arms and make you look twice the size you actually are!

There is a black gingham monstrosity being sported by women that is completely shapeless and is so unflattering.

Here is an example of a lovely model looking like she is wearing a sack of potatoes.

The ones with the frill are horrendous on anyone over the age of 7.

Desperad0 Thu 22-Jun-17 10:21:25

another thumbs up for the wonderbra- best strapless ever, I have a few and wear everyday even under shift dresses as so seamless
(also currently tenner off in debenhams ;) )

toopeoply Thu 22-Jun-17 21:19:41

Will have to try that bra. I'm not really a frilly type so I'll probably feel uncomfortable in one anyway!

KatharinaRosalie Fri 23-Jun-17 12:31:59

Order several sizes, it's very tight in the back. I'm normally a 30 but have this in 32.

MrsPeacockDidIt Fri 23-Jun-17 22:49:55

Does anyone know if the wonderbra ultimate has rubberised bits on it ? My skin reacts really badly to the rubber.

NC4now Fri 23-Jun-17 22:56:29

I was just about to ask that MrsP. Hold ups are bad too.
I only like the non frilly Bardot tops and really dislike cold shoulder. I'm with Vintage on them.

KatharinaRosalie Sat 24-Jun-17 08:10:10

it does, on backstrap and underneath the cups

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: