Talk

Advanced search

Which factor Ultrasun?

(10 Posts)
Fink Tue 20-Jun-17 20:26:17

We've always used P20, but seen good reviews for Ultrasun (less staining of clothes, principally) so going to try that.

Is SPF 30 (Family) enough for kids? I usually use P20 Factor 50 but don't know if less would be ok since never tried. DD is 7, fairish skin (I'm dark, her dad is fair). We'll be in the south of France then somewhere else around the Med/southern Europe (not booked yet). And in UK.

Also, do I need the separate face cream or is the normal one ok to use on face as well?

Any experiences, please?

Dailystuck71 Tue 20-Jun-17 22:19:25

I use same on body as face. I only buy f50 if on a deal with qvc. You'd need to google and satisfy yourself but there is such a tiny different between 30 and 50.

If the deal with qvc is on 30 I get that. Just depends.

Allthebubbles Tue 20-Jun-17 22:21:02

I use ultrasun Family 30 on my very fair kids they have never burnt. Apply 15-30 mins before exposure.

Allthebubbles Tue 20-Jun-17 22:22:25

Weirdly I think I prefer the general one to the face one. Seems less cloggy. The sport version ( clear spray) is great for my husband who is more hairy.

friedegs Tue 20-Jun-17 22:23:53

I was reading both boxes today and the 30 and 50 have the same time span. I have been using f30 for us all and we are all fair. No burning at all and lasted school day. Plus doesn't hurt if it gets in your eyes! I'm a new convert.

WhooooAmI24601 Tue 20-Jun-17 22:24:07

F30 is fine for the UK. I take F50 abroad simply because one of the DCs is pale as moonlight but neither has ever burned with F30 coupled with hats, rash vests and lots of shade.

Bobcat15 Tue 20-Jun-17 22:47:56

Family factor 30 is only bottle of sun cream I need to take on holiday. I love ultrasun, so much better than p20

Fintress Tue 20-Jun-17 22:55:00

Another vote for Ultrasun, we use nothing else. My husband prefers the sports spray but I like the cream. A good soak in Napisan is good for getting rid of suncream staining.

tellybear Tue 20-Jun-17 22:59:11

Where is the best place (cheapest) to get Ultrasun. I have the glimmer 20 which I love, bought on an aeroplane.

Fink Tue 20-Jun-17 22:59:11

Great, thanks all. I think I'll start off with 30. We're only going on the first trip for a long weekend so it will be short enough to try it out and move up to 50 for the longer summer holiday if necessary. I was a bit unwilling to fork out for 2 bottles if I could get away with one.

Thanks for the tip about QVC, I'll look it out. They're on 3 for 2 in Waitrose at the moment (all suncream) but I was only in a small local branch so they didn't have enough of a selection to make it worth buying 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now