Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help. Evening wedding this weekend. Have run out of time. How to accessorise this dress?

(16 Posts)
StainlessSteelButtercup Tue 20-Jun-17 17:08:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poppym12 Tue 20-Jun-17 17:39:41

Love the dress grin

As for how to accessorise it, I'm not stylish so can't advise.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 20-Jun-17 18:25:05

What a gorgeous dress OP. You could get away with a lot of different colours with it. What is your own colouring like?

Can you wear heels? What is your budget?

Had a quick google of Sophia Loren in a black dress. She looked absolutely stunning!

OuchLegoHurts Tue 20-Jun-17 18:36:40

Absolutely gorgeous sexy dress! Gold jewellery, hair up in a beehive and liquid eyeliner cats eye flicks

PaperdollCartoon Tue 20-Jun-17 18:36:51

I love the dress, but black is usually frowned upon for weddings, particularly in summer. You might get away with it as it's just the evening if you have bright accessories, but a brighter colour would probably be more appropriate.

OuchLegoHurts Tue 20-Jun-17 18:37:53

I've been to millions of weddings and have seen lots of women wearing black..I honestly don't think those rules still apply these days, especially for a modern wedding as you have said it is

StainlessSteelButtercup Tue 20-Jun-17 18:41:49

AreWeThereYet000 Tue 20-Jun-17 18:44:29

I would do a nice flawless skin, cat eye eyeliner and false lashes - no eyeshadow keep it simple and a red lip. I'd then either do red shoes/black bag or black shoes/red bag for a colour pop and match my nails too x

user1471453601 Tue 20-Jun-17 18:48:18

Ok, if you've got the figure for that dress, which I guess you have as its already in your wardrobe, then a pair a flip flops and a carrier bag as accessories wouldn't detract from it. Beautiful dress. You'll wow them

StainlessSteelButtercup Tue 20-Jun-17 19:13:28

StainlessSteelButtercup Tue 20-Jun-17 19:16:55

MrsBadger Tue 20-Jun-17 19:25:56

Dress is fabulous. Red is classic but might be a bit… obvious.
Actually I would just go and try on shoes and buy the comfiest. Weather is set to break so weekend will be 23 ish and ok for courts and hold ups.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 20-Jun-17 19:35:08

I would have similar colouring to you OP. I love green with black. Lovely green earrings and shoes with a metallic clutch maybe? Yy to the eyeliner flick with an updo. Just posting some pictures to give you ideas...

MrsBadger Tue 20-Jun-17 19:36:22

Ooh, lovely green things. I was thinking about burnt orange, or possibly purple.

StainlessSteelButtercup Tue 20-Jun-17 19:43:53

SinglePringle Tue 20-Jun-17 19:57:59

I'd go for outrageous shoes. I just looked on The Outnet under 'sandals / high heels' and there are too many to link to! Some gorgeous bright red, strapped Alaia ones and some fabulous black and yellow Pierre Hardy creations!

Also lots of black strapped heels on there

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: